A Small Thing

he can jog
Hi all,

I'm working on an open source (well public domain) computer music system for python called Pippi. It's a library for non-realtime composition: python scores. It's in the 4th beta of the 2.0 -- the 1.0 series was all python2 and based around bytestrings, while the 2.0 is python3 and hopefully a bit more python-ish making use of numpy-backed classes that do some operator overloading and provide a set of affordances for transforming buffers, processing or synthesizing sounds.

I'm also working on a live / "just in"-real-time (meaning asynchronous processing mixed in realtime) system called astrid meant for performance / live-coding / development etc. This is very much alpha in its current form, also a rewrite from previous built-in features from the 1.0 series...

Anyway! Here's a snippet of two instruments running in astrid:

One is just a simple granular smoosh of a recording of a particularly harmonic water pump. The other is a 2d pulsar OSC using a stack of wavetables derived from a convolution of some vocal and guitar recordings my friend made, occasionally also processed with waveset-based procedures (ripped from Trevor Wishart's Audible Design book) and some other time domain processes.

I've been working on this for a long time but documentation sucks... I'm more than happy to field any questions anyone who is kind enough to try to dive in might have, and really do plan to work on the docs soon!

Erik

Re: A Small Thing

Interesting thing.
But too many other distractions and too little time :(