-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This might come as an end to a long cycle indeed, really approaching a
final and last milestone, whatever...
But one thing is for sure: besides the prodigal but (pun, somewhat,
not intended:)), this wraps up the so called Qstuff* Fall'16 release
business deal .
Qtractor 0.8.0 (snobbiest graviton) is out!
And the release highlights are:
* Auto-backward location marker (NEW)
* Clip selection edge adjustment (NEW)
* Improved audio clip zoom-in resolution (NEW)
* Clip selection resilience (FIX)
* MIDI (N)RPN running status (FIX)
And the band plays on...
Maybe you can further decrypt the fresh juice from the change-log
below -- or rather never mind though and go for the grabs already ;).
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- - source tarball:
- - source package:
- - binary packages:
Wiki (on-going help wanted!):
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL
) version 2 or later.
- - MIDI clip tools redo/undo processing refactored as much to avoid
replication over multiple hash-linked clips; MIDI clip editor's
floating selection/anchor event stability has been also improved, in
regard to MIDI tools processing range.
- - Auto-backward play-head location, when playback was last started, is
now shown on main track-view, as a momentary dark-red vertical line
- - LV2 plugin-in parameter optimization: stuff consecutive series of
plug-in's parameter value changes, as much as possible into one single
- - LV2_STATE__StateChanged is now recognized as a regular atom
notification event and raising the current session dirty flag, as
- - Adjusting clip selection edges is now possible and honored while on
the the main track-view canvas.
- - Audio peak file caching and rendering, as far as audio clip
wave-forms are concerned, have been refactored and optimized a couple
of notches higher, on the ephemeral and rather marginal throughput
- - Fixed a potential crash on the singleton/unique application instance
- - Edit/Select Mode tool-buttons moved into single drop-down
tool-button on the main and MIDI editor's tool-bar.
- - Do not reset the current clip selection when updating the main
track-view extents eg. while zooming in or out.
- - Automation curve node editing auto-smoothing revisited; also fixed
input MIDI RPN/NRPN running status processing, which was crippling
some plug-in automation curve nodes, when saved in high-resolution
- - Fixed the visual play-head position (vertical red line) while
zooming in or out horizontally.
- - Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command line
options, wrt. installation directories specification, eg. --prefix,
- --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
- - LV2 Plugin-in worker/schedule fix: make request/response ring-buffer
writes in one go, hopefully atomic (suggested patch by Stefan
Westerfeld, while on SpectMorph, thanks).
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 The QStuff* Fall'16 Release
 Vee One Suite 0.8.0 - A Fall'16 Release
Enjoy && Keep the fun.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Linux-audio-dev mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|