Any tips for (jack) rt audio thread debug breakpoints?

Any tips for (jack) rt audio thread debug breakpoints?

Tim-2
Hi list.
When I put breakpoints in gui or non-rt audio thread code, no problems.

But when I put breakpoints in rt audio thread code, behaviour is odd.
I can continue the program and even have more breakpoints.
But when the program tries to close, it hangs inside jack_deactivate().
I must kill it and QJackCtl and finally jackd. At bit cumbersome.
Seems breaking into the program hiccups jack.

Any tips or settings I can try?

I realize pausing the app is kinda crazy and over-qualifies
  as 'waiting too long in an rt thread' but it seems to
  get so far and work OK but fails at the end.
Can it be helped?

Thanks.

Re: Any tips for (jack) rt audio thread debug breakpoints?

Paul Davis

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 6:58 PM Tim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list.
When I put breakpoints in gui or non-rt audio thread code, no problems.

But when I put breakpoints in rt audio thread code, behaviour is odd.

run JACK without realtime mode and set a very long (10 second) client timeout.

that said, there are mysterious reasons why some Linux systems can't run RT audio apps inside gdb at all, so be thankful for what you've got.

in general, printf is your friend here, not gdb.