Been a while since I posted a tune here.

Been a while since I posted a tune here.

Will Godfrey
This was originally composed using a Yamaha SY22 and Mk1 Roland Soundcanvas
with an Acorn Archimedes computer. I transferred the MIDI file to Rosegarden
then set up Yoshimi and basically rebuilt it, be with a better range of sounds,
and also some new backing and counter melodies.

I hope you like the result :)

https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/rain

Re: Been a while since I posted a tune here.

Diego Simak-2

El lun., 4 de mayo de 2020 18:15, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> escribió:
This was originally composed using a Yamaha SY22 and Mk1 Roland Soundcanvas
with an Acorn Archimedes computer. I transferred the MIDI file to Rosegarden
then set up Yoshimi and basically rebuilt it, be with a better range of sounds,
and also some new backing and counter melodies.

I hope you like the result :)

https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/rain

Beautiful song Will as always
I can almost hear the raindrops falling down...

Thanks for sharing!!

Re: Been a while since I posted a tune here.

Lorenzo Sutton
On 04/05/20 23:14, Will Godfrey wrote:
> This was originally composed using a Yamaha SY22 and Mk1 Roland Soundcanvas
> with an Acorn Archimedes computer. I transferred the MIDI file to Rosegarden
> then set up Yoshimi and basically rebuilt it, be with a better range of sounds,
> and also some new backing and counter melodies.
>
> I hope you like the result :)
>
> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/rain

Beautiful tune.

Thanks for sharing :)

Lorenzo.

Re: Been a while since I posted a tune here.

May 4 2020, Will Godfrey has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/rain
Hi Will,
I like this a lot. And you didn't even change to a major key! :) As ever
lovely sounds. The choir instrument in the background is stunning in
this context.

When I heard the first two chords, I actually thought you were going to
cover something else. :) Not too uncommon chords, but also the way you
played them. I can't even put my finger on the reference in the back of
my head.

Nice song, thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Jeanny

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night <3

Re: Been a while since I posted a tune here.

Will Godfrey
Thanks a lot everyone.

@ Jeanny
I actually use three choir sounds timed and pitched slightly differently and
with different 'movement'.

Full Choir & Breathy Ahh from Collection and Boy Choir from Companion.

The flute sound at the start is a fairly new one called simply Yet Another
Flute and is in Companion for recent releases.