Delta 1010

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Delta 1010

Brett McCoy
I am going to be upgrading my studio machine from a M-Audio 2496 to a
Delta 1010, msinly becuase I need to the capability of recording drum
kits. Since these cards use the same drivers, I assume I won't need to
recompile my ALSA drivers? What are people's experience with the Delta
1010? Are there any gotchas or wierd issues with it? The 2496 has
faithfully served me for a couple of years and I hope the Delta 1010
serves me just as well.

-- Brett
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Delta 1010

Jan Depner
On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 21:15 -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
> I am going to be upgrading my studio machine from a M-Audio 2496 to a
> Delta 1010, msinly becuase I need to the capability of recording drum
> kits. Since these cards use the same drivers, I assume I won't need to
> recompile my ALSA drivers? What are people's experience with the Delta
> 1010? Are there any gotchas or wierd issues with it? The 2496 has
> faithfully served me for a couple of years and I hope the Delta 1010
> serves me just as well.
>

    The 1010 is probably the best supported pro level card out there
other than the Hammerfall stuff.  You don't need to do anything other
than to set all of the extra channels in envy24control.


--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/fuzzy.html


"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Delta 1010

Brett McCoy
Jan Depner wrote:

>>I am going to be upgrading my studio machine from a M-Audio 2496 to a
>>Delta 1010, msinly becuase I need to the capability of recording drum
>>kits. Since these cards use the same drivers, I assume I won't need to
>>recompile my ALSA drivers? What are people's experience with the Delta
>>1010? Are there any gotchas or wierd issues with it? The 2496 has
>>faithfully served me for a couple of years and I hope the Delta 1010
>>serves me just as well.
>>
>
>
>     The 1010 is probably the best supported pro level card out there
> other than the Hammerfall stuff.  You don't need to do anything other
> than to set all of the extra channels in envy24control.

Cool! Can't wait to get it...

Music123 has them on sale for $299 (not "factory sealed"), which means I
will be putting my Xmas money to good use...

-- Brett


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Delta 1010

Kevin Cosgrove
In reply to this post by Brett McCoy

On 1 January 2006 at 21:15, Brett McCoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am going to be upgrading my studio machine from a M-Audio 2496 to a
> Delta 1010, msinly becuase I need to the capability of recording drum
> kits. Since these cards use the same drivers, I assume I won't need to
> recompile my ALSA drivers? What are people's experience with the Delta
> 1010? Are there any gotchas or wierd issues with it? The 2496 has
> faithfully served me for a couple of years and I hope the Delta 1010
> serves me just as well.

No problems here.  My drums sound sweet....
 
--
Kevin


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Delta 1010

Ross Vandegrift
In reply to this post by Brett McCoy
On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 10:14:00PM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
> Music123 has them on sale for $299 (not "factory sealed"), which means I
> will be putting my Xmas money to good use...

Heh, that's a decent deal!  I was just lamenting my choice of the
Delta44 the other day....   I think I paid almost $200 for that sucker
four years ago or so!  Technology...


--
Ross Vandegrift
[hidden email]

"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who
make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians
have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine
man in the bonds of Hell."
        --St. Augustine, De Genesi ad Litteram, Book II, xviii, 37
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Delta 1010

Russell Hanaghan
Ross Vandegrift wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 10:14:00PM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
>  
>
>>Music123 has them on sale for $299 (not "factory sealed"), which means I
>>will be putting my Xmas money to good use...
>>    
>>
>
>Heh, that's a decent deal!  I was just lamenting my choice of the
>Delta44 the other day....   I think I paid almost $200 for that sucker
>four years ago or so!  Technology...
>
>
>  
>
$299.00 is indeed a good deal for the Delta1010!  When I was on the hunt
for a card, the 1010 as opposed to the 1010LT was my preference but I
could not seem to snag one at a decent price on Ebay and the lowest
retail deal was like $399.00.

SNap it up and produce Linux music to your hearts content!!! :)

Cheers,
R~