Edirol UA 1EX @ 44.1kHz

Christoph Eckert-2
Hi folks,

a friend of mine has a collection of mp3 files which all are based on
44.1kHz. Using a soundcard which only supports 48kHz makes it necessary
to resample the audio material before outputting it to the
card/speakers.

To avoid the resampling, he's looking for an USB audio card which runs
well on Linux (preferably with the snd_usb_audio-module) and natively
supports 44.1kHz in hardware.

One choice could be the Edirol UA 1EX, but I haven't found any resource
which clearly states that it is running well on Linux, even at 44.1kHz.

On

http://www.roland.com/products/en/UA-1EX/

I can read

┬╗Supports both advanced and OS-standard drivers (Win/ Mac OS X),
selected with ADVANCED DRIVER.┬ź

but I also see

http://www.linux-m32r.org/lxr/http/source/sound/usb/usbquirks.h

/* TODO: add Edirol UA-1EX support */

Can anyone give me a wee small hint whether the device works or not? If
so, any experiences with material at 44.1kHz?

Best regards

ce