First release of new project: a773/up and away

First release of new project: a773/up and away

Atte-4
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: First release of new project: a773/up and away

gene heskett-4
On Friday 03 October 2014 02:27:57 Atte did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi
>
> I'm happy to share the first release from my new project:
>
> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away

Can't sample in Chromium, pause reverts to play in about 1 second.

> http://a773.bandcamp.com/track/up-and-away
>
> Enjoy!

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: First release of new project: a773/up and away

gene heskett-4
On Friday 03 October 2014 10:43:33 Atte did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 10/03/2014 04:26 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away
> >
> > Can't sample in Chromium, pause reverts to play in about 1 second.
>
> Well I'm not in charge of soundcloud, so not much I can do about it.
> Does it work on bandcamp?

Paywall in front of it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: First release of new project: a773/up and away

he can jog
No problems with soundcloud playback on Chromium over here fwiw. Love the drums!

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Friday 03 October 2014 10:43:33 Atte did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 10/03/2014 04:26 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away
> >
> > Can't sample in Chromium, pause reverts to play in about 1 second.
>
> Well I'm not in charge of soundcloud, so not much I can do about it.
> Does it work on bandcamp?

Paywall in front of it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2014, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 03 October 2014 02:27:57 Atte did opine
> And Gene did reply:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm happy to share the first release from my new project:
>>
>> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away

I must have missed this, I like the lead sound at 2:50. Overall, pleasant
to listen to as well.

Re: First release of new project: a773/up and away

gene heskett-4
On Friday 03 October 2014 16:50:45 Len Ovens did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Fri, 3 Oct 2014, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 03 October 2014 02:27:57 Atte did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

I had to install some non-free codecs but hey, thats pretty good!

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I'm happy to share the first release from my new project:
> >>
> >> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away
>
> I must have missed this, I like the lead sound at 2:50. Overall,
> pleasant to listen to as well.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: First release of new project: a773/up and away

Patrick Shirkey

On Fri, October 3, 2014 5:27 pm, Atte wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm happy to share the first release from my new project:
>
> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away
> http://a773.bandcamp.com/track/up-and-away

Your synchronicity in terms of the soundscape with the new release by Thom
Yorke is a very well timed. The timing is too close to be influenced sot
it just goes to show that great minds think alike :-)

What inspired you for this theme?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

On Mon, October 13, 2014 8:43 am, Atte wrote:
> On 10/12/2014 01:39 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> Your synchronicity in terms of the soundscape with the new release by
>> Thom
>> Yorke is a very well timed. The timing is too close to be influenced sot
>> it just goes to show that great minds think alike :-)
>
> I'm afraid I don't know Thom Yorke...

I would be surprised if you knew him but I wouldn't be surprised if he had
heard your previous work and been inspired in turn...

>> What inspired you for this theme?
>
> Well it's been on my hard drive for over a year, so details have started
> to fade. I think I started out with what ended up as the intro, wanting
> to have a looping chord progression that ended somewhat open on a
> diminished chord. At some point there were also melody to this part.
>
> For what ended up as the main theme, I tried to build something to fit
> the tight sound of the drums. The chords were a result of each part in
> the harmony being worked out and recorded one at the time, bass after
> that. The bell theme just came...

The time taken to let it all emerge is worth the wait.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

Re: First release of new project: a773/up and away

Florian Paul Schmidt-2

On 12.10.2014 23:43, Atte wrote:

> On 10/12/2014 01:39 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> Your synchronicity in terms of the soundscape with the new
>> release by Thom Yorke is a very well timed. The timing is too
>> close to be influenced sot it just goes to show that great minds
>> think alike :-)
>
> I'm afraid I don't know Thom Yorke...
>
>> What inspired you for this theme?
>
> Well it's been on my hard drive for over a year, so details have
> started to fade. I think I started out with what ended up as the
> intro, wanting to have a looping chord progression that ended
> somewhat open on a diminished chord. At some point there were also
> melody to this part.

I already commented on soundcloud :) But about the diminished chord
(if you know this already, please ignore):

You can replace almost any dominant chord with a diminished a half
step above. And since they are so symmetric you can change the root
around even more..

C A7 Dm7 G7

C A#dim Dm7 G#dim

C C#dim Dm Bdim

C Edim Dm Ddim

etc.. Also replace any consonant chord with a dom7, like with the Am7
- -> A7. Take the Dm7 -> D7 -> D#dim:

C Edim D#dim Ddim

:) This last example probably takes it a little far and would work
better over a consonant bass instead of the roots of the diminished
chords.

Nice tune though,
Flo

CONTENTS DELETED

On 10/2/14 8:27 PM, Atte wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm happy to share the first release from my new project:
>
> http://soundcloud.com/a773/up-and-away
> http://a773.bandcamp.com/track/up-and-away
>
> Enjoy!

I like it, although part of me wishes it had real drums in it. I just
miss the power of real drums.

"My password is the last 8 digits of π."