Quantcast

Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Felipe Ferreri Tonello
Sorry for the wrong list... Forwarded to the proper list.

Re: Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Christopher Arndt
Am 27.01.2017 um 17:30 schrieb Felipe Ferreri Tonello:
> Sorry for the wrong list... Forwarded to the proper list.
>
> PS: How do you find using your RISE? Are you interested in having the
> Equator synth and Dashboard applications on Linux?  [...].
> We, at ROLI, want to release a beta version for Linux, it will be great
> to know if users are interested in it.

Nevertheless very interesting!

I hope that more commercial develepors release Linux versions of their
sound apps *and* support them!

Chris

Re: Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

John Murphy
On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:30:44 +0000
Felipe Ferreri Tonello <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So, you can use your Seaboard RISE with USB just fine on Linux.
>
> PS: How do you find using your RISE? Are you interested in having the
> Equator synth and Dashboard applications on Linux? If so let me know, I
> can arrange these for you (or anyone else). We, at ROLI, want to release
> a beta version for Linux, it will be great to know if users are
> interested in it.

Hi Felipe,

Sadly, I just couldn't get on with it. I'm not a good player and I was
surprised how much I need to look at the keys, which are hard to see in
my dimly lit room. I was able to return it thanks to 'Distance Selling'
regulations in the UK. Wish I could have kept it just for the looks.

I was able to try it in Windows 7. I'm not sure if the Equator and
Dashboard apps would be appreciated by Linux users, but perhaps an
easy way to change the Dashboard settings would be easier than porting
quite graphical applications.

Great that you put so much work into Linux with permission from ROLI.
My best regards to you and your employer.

--
John.

Re: Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Felipe Ferreri Tonello
Hi John,

On January 27, 2017 8:41:30 PM GMT+00:00, John Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:30:44 +0000
>Felipe Ferreri Tonello <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So, you can use your Seaboard RISE with USB just fine on Linux.
>>
>> PS: How do you find using your RISE? Are you interested in having the
>> Equator synth and Dashboard applications on Linux? If so let me know,
>> can arrange these for you (or anyone else). We, at ROLI, want to
>release
>> a beta version for Linux, it will be great to know if users are
>> interested in it.
>
>Hi Felipe,
>
>Sadly, I just couldn't get on with it. I'm not a good player and I was
>surprised how much I need to look at the keys, which are hard to see in
>my dimly lit room. I was able to return it thanks to 'Distance Selling'
>regulations in the UK. Wish I could have kept it just for the looks.

Sorry to hear that. The Seaboard is a little different from a normal keyboard indeed. I am not a keyboard player either, but today I am so used with the Seaboard that I find quite annoying to play normal keyboard.

>I was able to try it in Windows 7. I'm not sure if the Equator and
>Dashboard apps would be appreciated by Linux users, but perhaps an
>easy way to change the Dashboard settings would be easier than porting
>quite graphical applications.

Both applications are already ported to Linux thanks to JUCE. :)

On the video I posted I am running Equator on my Arch Linux.

>Great that you put so much work into Linux with permission from ROLI.
>My best regards to you and your employer.

--
Felipe

Max

Re: Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Max
On 2017년 01월 27일 21:41, John Murphy wrote:
> I was able to return it thanks to 'Distance Selling'
> regulations in the UK.

Probably an implementation in national law of EU regulation, but hey who
needs the EU... :p
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Re: Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Maurizio Berti

> >I was able to try it in Windows 7. I'm not sure if the Equator and
> >Dashboard apps would be appreciated by Linux users, but perhaps an
> >easy way to change the Dashboard settings would be easier than porting
> >quite graphical applications.
>
> Both applications are already ported to Linux thanks to JUCE. :)
>
> On the video I posted I am running Equator on my Arch Linux.

Hi, I don't own a Seaboard (it's too expansive for me, right now), but I'm really interested in products which are supported on Linux too... And I might even be able to afford one, some day.
So, that's very good news, but I can't find the video you mentioned, where is it?

Thank you for your efforts,
Maurizio

Re: Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Felipe Ferreri Tonello
Hi Maurizio,

On 28/01/17 16:53, Maurizio Berti wrote:

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>> >
>> >I was able to try it in Windows 7. I'm not sure if the Equator and
>> >Dashboard apps would be appreciated by Linux users, but perhaps an
>> >easy way to change the Dashboard settings would be easier than porting
>> >quite graphical applications.
>>
>> Both applications are already ported to Linux thanks to JUCE. :)
>>
>> On the video I posted I am running Equator on my Arch Linux.
>
> Hi, I don't own a Seaboard (it's too expansive for me, right now), but
> I'm really interested in products which are supported on Linux too...
> And I might even be able to afford one, some day.
> So, that's very good news, but I can't find the video you mentioned,
> where is it?
It's a video I did upload about MIDI over BLE on Linux:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKnC9_Buxus