Guitar amp emulation using LADSPA FX

guy-8
Hi

A while ago I promised to post what LADSPA FX I used to get a decent electric
guitar sound (sorry I can't find the post this should be replying to - the
joys of computer hopping).

These are all caps plug-ins by Tim Goetze. In order I use:

   Tube preamp emulation + tone controls
   Amp/speaker emulation
   Verstaile plate reverb

adjusting each as required, it is where jack rack is handy as you can save
patches for different guitars.

Hope this helps someone

Guy

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!

Christmas gift ideas and festive features - visit the Tiscali Christmas microsite.
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/christmas

Re: Guitar amp emulation using LADSPA FX

Paul Winkler
On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 09:01:57PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi
>
> A while ago I promised to post what LADSPA FX I used to get a decent electric
> guitar sound (sorry I can't find the post this should be replying to - the
> joys of computer hopping).
>
> These are all caps plug-ins by Tim Goetze. In order I use:
>
>    Tube preamp emulation + tone controls
>    Amp/speaker emulation
>    Verstaile plate reverb
>
> adjusting each as required, it is where jack rack is handy as you can save
> patches for different guitars.
>
> Hope this helps someone
I forgot to reply to that thread... here's a couple of jackrack presets
that I've had a little fun with for guitar.
These are just variations on the same simple combination:
"simple amplifier",  "tube preamp emulation + tone controls",
"amp/speaker emulation", "gverb", and sometimes "glame lowpass".

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com

classicrock.rack (716 bytes) Download Attachment
classicrock2.rack (708 bytes) Download Attachment
guitar_amp.rack (666 bytes) Download Attachment
surfguitar.rack (676 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Guitar amp emulation using LADSPA FX

Dave Phillips
Paul Winkler wrote:

>I forgot to reply to that thread... here's a couple of jackrack presets
>that I've had a little fun with for guitar.
>These are just variations on the same simple combination:
>"simple amplifier",  "tube preamp emulation + tone controls",
>"amp/speaker emulation", "gverb", and sometimes "glame lowpass".

Hey Paul, thanks for these presets ! I'll check 'em out today, see if I
can't get a little more oomph out of my POS Alvarez...

Best,

dp

Re: Guitar amp emulation using LADSPA FX

Christoph Eckert-2

> Hey Paul, thanks for these presets !

2nded :) .

Best regards

ce

Re: Guitar amp emulation using LADSPA FX

Bill Allen
Paul Winkler wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 09:01:57PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>A while ago I promised to post what LADSPA FX I used to get a decent electric
>>guitar sound (sorry I can't find the post this should be replying to - the
>>joys of computer hopping).
>>
>>These are all caps plug-ins by Tim Goetze. In order I use:
>>
>>   Tube preamp emulation + tone controls
>>   Amp/speaker emulation
>>   Verstaile plate reverb
>>
>>adjusting each as required, it is where jack rack is handy as you can save
>>patches for different guitars.
>>
>>Hope this helps someone
>>

>I forgot to reply to that thread... here's a couple of jackrack presets
>that I've had a little fun with for guitar.
>These are just variations on the same simple combination:
>"simple amplifier",  "tube preamp emulation + tone controls",
>"amp/speaker emulation", "gverb", and sometimes "glame lowpass".

Very nice, though just a little to hot for my guitar. I've attached a
very similar rack that I've been using for rhythm. I don't use the
phaser that much and it's off by default, but I do like the touch of
flanger. The gverb is similar to Paul's, but a little less damping. I
use the L/C/R delay to fatten the sound, but as with Paul's the
workhorse is the Tube amp emulation and amp/speaker.  emulation.

Regards,
Bill

rhythm_guitar.rack (1K) Download Attachment

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 02:40:22PM -0500, Bill Allen wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> Very nice, though just a little to hot for my guitar.

I should've mentioned, my only working electric guitar currently
is a Danelectro reissue with pretty low output, so I push the gain
pretty hard.

Looking forward to trying yours... sadly I'm about to be
travelling again for 2 weeks.  Hopefully I'll remember when I
get home.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com