Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

12

Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

list
Hello.

You know the AVB serie from MOTU.
We've talked about the 1248 & the UTRALITE AVB previously on the
Linux Audio Users list :

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2017-May/108050.html
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2017-March/107629.html

Now the MOTU 624 AVB.
Working with Gnu/Linux Debian 8.7.
The same as 1248 & ULTRALITE AVB, «real» class compliant,  and web app
to control all the settings of the card from your browser.

Update firmware with 0 trouble through the web app interface :

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/00_installfirm.jpg

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/01_verifyingfirm.jpg

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/02_rebootfirm.jpg

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/03_successfirm.jpg

Some screen shot from the Routing menu (sorry need to zoom out, too
much inputs ! AVB disabled so no stream appears on the screen)

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/04_routing.jpg

Screen shot from the Mixing menu :

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/05_mixing.jpg

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/06_mixingzoom.jpg

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/07_mixingzoom1.jpg

And from the Device menu :

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/08_device.jpg

http://achromatopsie.fr/list/09_device2.jpg

Pluged with USB3, Gnu/Linux Debian 8.7 - Custom Kernel :
Linux 4.9.3-amd-64-20170113 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 8
17:30:25 CEST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

lsusb

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 07fd:0005 Mark of the Unicorn

lsusb -t

/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/2p, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 1, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 2, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 3, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 4, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 5, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 5000M

aplay -l
**** Liste des Périphériques Matériels PLAYBACK ****
carte 0: D624 [624], périphérique 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Sous-périphériques: 0/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0

Made some quick record (guitar from emulated output of an amp,
microphone vocal) nothing to say, work perfectly. Nice preamp - for me
- clean, no hiss, no background noise, nice dynamic, can hear all my
  bad notes and bad fingers on the guitar :)
The line input - jack - work also perfectly, respect the color of my
preamp (Warm Audio)

Did not try the optical I/O as i do not have any devices for it.

Thanks UC2, thanks MOTU.

Anyone have access to the Alsa project card's list and update ?
https://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Mark_Of_The_Unicorn

All the best !

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Paul Davis
Fully confirmed. Here using Debian Jessie. Complete plug-n-play operation. Incredible.

I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 5:35 PM, list <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

David-71
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist
Do you get the local web GUI to work?

If using Windows or Mac, you get local access to the web GUI trough USB or thunderbolt.

I have two devices and no switch and have no way to use the web GUI if I connect both of them via Ethernet since my Linux laptop don't get the "local host" type of link through USB.

I think the MOTU line is really nice but this is a sort of a problem in Linux for now.. or do I miss something?

fre 21 juli 2017 kl. 01:57 skrev David <[hidden email]>:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Paul Davis
The web GUI works without issues.

I specifically bought the AVB because I trusted IP-over-RJ45 (the Ultralite AVB has its own RJ45) more than IP-iver-USB, which would be true of (say) the Ultralite MK4.

My impression was that either way, each device must end up with its own IP address, and you just point the browser at the one you want to talk to. I don't know much about how IP-over-USB works.

Note that if you have two devices, you're probably better off linking them over AVB. I have the vague impression that they will show up as a single device in the web GUI (but I'm not really clear on that).

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you get the local web GUI to work?

If using Windows or Mac, you get local access to the web GUI trough USB or thunderbolt.

I have two devices and no switch and have no way to use the web GUI if I connect both of them via Ethernet since my Linux laptop don't get the "local host" type of link through USB.

I think the MOTU line is really nice but this is a sort of a problem in Linux for now.. or do I miss something?

fre 21 juli 2017 kl. 01:57 skrev David <[hidden email]>:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist
And that is where the problem starts.. I have two Ultralite AVBs and if I link them together. I have no longer access to the web GUI unless I get myself an AVB compliant switch for an extra 300usd. If I were running Windows or OSX. I could just connect to my linked AVB devices thru the IP over USB link the driver provides and set up streams between them and do whatever I wanted but that is not possible when using Linux which I am. I could keep a dedicated windows or OSX box connected to the other AVB device just to be able to set things up but how convenient is that?

Until I can set up AVB routes and configure stuff on my cards without the extra cost of an AVB switch, this is for from perfect IMHO.

/Anders

On Jul 22, 2017 19:02, "Paul Davis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The web GUI works without issues.

I specifically bought the AVB because I trusted IP-over-RJ45 (the Ultralite AVB has its own RJ45) more than IP-iver-USB, which would be true of (say) the Ultralite MK4.

My impression was that either way, each device must end up with its own IP address, and you just point the browser at the one you want to talk to. I don't know much about how IP-over-USB works.

Note that if you have two devices, you're probably better off linking them over AVB. I have the vague impression that they will show up as a single device in the web GUI (but I'm not really clear on that).

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you get the local web GUI to work?

If using Windows or Mac, you get local access to the web GUI trough USB or thunderbolt.

I have two devices and no switch and have no way to use the web GUI if I connect both of them via Ethernet since my Linux laptop don't get the "local host" type of link through USB.

I think the MOTU line is really nice but this is a sort of a problem in Linux for now.. or do I miss something?

fre 21 juli 2017 kl. 01:57 skrev David <[hidden email]>:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Paul Davis
What IP address do both units show from the main menu when you connect them together? What happens when you point a browser at either of those addresses?

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
And that is where the problem starts.. I have two Ultralite AVBs and if I link them together. I have no longer access to the web GUI unless I get myself an AVB compliant switch for an extra 300usd. If I were running Windows or OSX. I could just connect to my linked AVB devices thru the IP over USB link the driver provides and set up streams between them and do whatever I wanted but that is not possible when using Linux which I am. I could keep a dedicated windows or OSX box connected to the other AVB device just to be able to set things up but how convenient is that?

Until I can set up AVB routes and configure stuff on my cards without the extra cost of an AVB switch, this is for from perfect IMHO.

/Anders

On Jul 22, 2017 19:02, "Paul Davis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The web GUI works without issues.

I specifically bought the AVB because I trusted IP-over-RJ45 (the Ultralite AVB has its own RJ45) more than IP-iver-USB, which would be true of (say) the Ultralite MK4.

My impression was that either way, each device must end up with its own IP address, and you just point the browser at the one you want to talk to. I don't know much about how IP-over-USB works.

Note that if you have two devices, you're probably better off linking them over AVB. I have the vague impression that they will show up as a single device in the web GUI (but I'm not really clear on that).

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you get the local web GUI to work?

If using Windows or Mac, you get local access to the web GUI trough USB or thunderbolt.

I have two devices and no switch and have no way to use the web GUI if I connect both of them via Ethernet since my Linux laptop don't get the "local host" type of link through USB.

I think the MOTU line is really nice but this is a sort of a problem in Linux for now.. or do I miss something?

fre 21 juli 2017 kl. 01:57 skrev David <[hidden email]>:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Paul Davis
there also seems to be some confusion ... there is no possibility to route AVB via IP-over-USB on any platform, AFAIK.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
What IP address do both units show from the main menu when you connect them together? What happens when you point a browser at either of those addresses?

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
And that is where the problem starts.. I have two Ultralite AVBs and if I link them together. I have no longer access to the web GUI unless I get myself an AVB compliant switch for an extra 300usd. If I were running Windows or OSX. I could just connect to my linked AVB devices thru the IP over USB link the driver provides and set up streams between them and do whatever I wanted but that is not possible when using Linux which I am. I could keep a dedicated windows or OSX box connected to the other AVB device just to be able to set things up but how convenient is that?

Until I can set up AVB routes and configure stuff on my cards without the extra cost of an AVB switch, this is for from perfect IMHO.

/Anders

On Jul 22, 2017 19:02, "Paul Davis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The web GUI works without issues.

I specifically bought the AVB because I trusted IP-over-RJ45 (the Ultralite AVB has its own RJ45) more than IP-iver-USB, which would be true of (say) the Ultralite MK4.

My impression was that either way, each device must end up with its own IP address, and you just point the browser at the one you want to talk to. I don't know much about how IP-over-USB works.

Note that if you have two devices, you're probably better off linking them over AVB. I have the vague impression that they will show up as a single device in the web GUI (but I'm not really clear on that).

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you get the local web GUI to work?

If using Windows or Mac, you get local access to the web GUI trough USB or thunderbolt.

I have two devices and no switch and have no way to use the web GUI if I connect both of them via Ethernet since my Linux laptop don't get the "local host" type of link through USB.

I think the MOTU line is really nice but this is a sort of a problem in Linux for now.. or do I miss something?

fre 21 juli 2017 kl. 01:57 skrev David <[hidden email]>:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist
There is confusion for sure.

if I link my two Motu ultralite AVB cards together by using the two AVB ethernet sockets and a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. I have used all ethernet connectors available and the AVB devices can talk to each other but no other networking is available. If I point a browser to any of the ip's of those boxes i will not get an answer since there is no possible route to those cards that only have a link between them. The cards have no built in wifi or extra ethernet jack.. How could I possibly connect to them except by usb and Class Compliant Audio connection which does not give me the extra IP over USB that the windows/osx driver provides...

I have never said anything about AVB over USB but only mentioned the missing linux link which is the possibility to access the http web gui trough the USB (or for cards with Thunderbolt) driver provided ip-link (for control only)

As I tried to explain. Linux users must have a AVB compliant switch to get a network link to be able to manage Linked AVB devices OR have windows/osx boxes connected via USB/Thunderbolt to one of the AVB devices.

Trust me, I am not confused but only stating the obvious that linking to cards with just a cable will create an isolated AVB cluster that will not be manageable from linux computers until someone figures out how to write a driver to get the IP-over USB passthru to work.

/Anders

there also seems to be some confusion ... there is no possibility to route AVB via IP-over-USB on any platform, AFAIK.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
What IP address do both units show from the main menu when you connect them together? What happens when you point a browser at either of those addresses?

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
And that is where the problem starts.. I have two Ultralite AVBs and if I link them together. I have no longer access to the web GUI unless I get myself an AVB compliant switch for an extra 300usd. If I were running Windows or OSX. I could just connect to my linked AVB devices thru the IP over USB link the driver provides and set up streams between them and do whatever I wanted but that is not possible when using Linux which I am. I could keep a dedicated windows or OSX box connected to the other AVB device just to be able to set things up but how convenient is that?

Until I can set up AVB routes and configure stuff on my cards without the extra cost of an AVB switch, this is for from perfect IMHO.

/Anders

On Jul 22, 2017 19:02, "Paul Davis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The web GUI works without issues.

I specifically bought the AVB because I trusted IP-over-RJ45 (the Ultralite AVB has its own RJ45) more than IP-iver-USB, which would be true of (say) the Ultralite MK4.

My impression was that either way, each device must end up with its own IP address, and you just point the browser at the one you want to talk to. I don't know much about how IP-over-USB works.

Note that if you have two devices, you're probably better off linking them over AVB. I have the vague impression that they will show up as a single device in the web GUI (but I'm not really clear on that).

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you get the local web GUI to work?

If using Windows or Mac, you get local access to the web GUI trough USB or thunderbolt.

I have two devices and no switch and have no way to use the web GUI if I connect both of them via Ethernet since my Linux laptop don't get the "local host" type of link through USB.

I think the MOTU line is really nice but this is a sort of a problem in Linux for now.. or do I miss something?

fre 21 juli 2017 kl. 01:57 skrev David <[hidden email]>:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:56:59 -0400
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Hallelujah !

-- David

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

list
Hello.

Updated my Jessie for a «Stretch» Debian 9.

The cards work the same, perfect.

Little glitch at first when i start Jackd  - with Qjackctl or command
line - the card never starts the fist time, have to do it again...not a
big deal.

4-5 years ago i was grumbling  about Audio brands not supporting
Gnu/Linux out of the box and make my - our - life miserable, and
wondered why i can access all my router/modem/switch through a web app
and not audio cards the same way....
I guess even people with proprietary operating system get bored with
update troubles, compatibility with Os version/driver and trash a
perfectly working card after upgrading they computer/Os and discovered
that the driver no more exist for the new version of Os...maybe MOTU
heard that...let's hope for the best...

On 2017-07-20 16:56, Paul Davis wrote:
> Fully confirmed. Here using Debian Jessie. Complete plug-n-play
> operation. Incredible.
>
> I predict that within 4-5 years, every external audio interface will
> use MOTU's web configuration model. It is *so* great, not necessarily
> in the sense of being the best possible UI for this, but because IT
> JUST WORKS EVERYWHERE.

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

list
Hello.

For me there is no confusion here.

Motu AVB's cards serie is not - officially - supported by MOTU for
Gnu/Linux. Even without the «Linux» stamp on it from MOTU it's the more
advanced card you can control without headache under Gnu/Linux.

The feature you talk about is for proprietary Operating system with
Motu's drivers - with some limitations.

Either you bought the wrong cards, or using the wrong operating system
for your need - it's only a guess.

The AVB switch *is* your solution.

Or you can try, the kernel module something like : CONFIG_USB_NET_* and
try different devices under to see if your log show something when you
plug any of your MOTU cards...

Or you can try something like this :

http://i2.cdscdn.com/pdt2/5/2/2/1/700x700/auc3548389018522/rw/doubleur-de-port-rj-45-blinde.jpg

sorry don't know the name in English...

Let us know the result....

All the best.

On 2017-07-23 00:20, Anders Hellquist wrote:

> There is confusion for sure.
>
> if I link my two Motu ultralite AVB cards together by using the two
> AVB ethernet sockets and a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. I have used all
> ethernet connectors available and the AVB devices can talk to each
> other but no other networking is available. If I point a browser to
> any of the ip's of those boxes i will not get an answer since there is
> no possible route to those cards that only have a link between them.
> The cards have no built in wifi or extra ethernet jack.. How could I
> possibly connect to them except by usb and Class Compliant Audio
> connection which does not give me the extra IP over USB that the
> windows/osx driver provides...
>
> I have never said anything about AVB over USB but only mentioned the
> missing linux link which is the possibility to access the http web gui
> trough the USB (or for cards with Thunderbolt) driver provided ip-link
> (for control only)
>
> As I tried to explain. Linux users must have a AVB compliant switch to
> get a network link to be able to manage Linked AVB devices OR have
> windows/osx boxes connected via USB/Thunderbolt to one of the AVB
> devices.
>
> Trust me, I am not confused but only stating the obvious that linking
> to cards with just a cable will create an isolated AVB cluster that
> will not be manageable from linux computers until someone figures out
> how to write a driver to get the IP-over USB passthru to work.
>
> /Anders

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist
The linked product is a rj45 splitter that is very usable for running two Ethernet connections thru a single cable but you need one of these at both endpoints and this has nothing to do with my use case. I know that a switch is the solution and was only stating the limitation gnu Linux users will face because of the missing control link.

I am quite happy with the product and I usually only need one card connected to my laptop and the things are just great as for the rest of gnu AVB users. It was only a heads up for the issue.

I hope that we in the future will have access without need for the AVB switch, both for cost effectiveness and reduced complexity.

/Anders

On Jul 23, 2017 01:49, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I have used Ultra Ultralite AVB (not 624 AVB) to record electric bass directly to Ardour and I have also recorded vocals but then I routed the voice trough the internal mixer to let the vocalist adjust the monitoring from Ardour and have built in DSP reverb for better experience. Have not had any issues with routing or jackd or the onboard stuff except the iPad application sometimes not rendering the mixer/router pages correctly.

I am running kxstudio (ubuntu 14.04 with rt-kernel and kxstudio packages)

I have a Debian 7 box that I can check with my AVB stuff but both my cards are the classic MOTU Ultralite AVB.
If I can check anything more, I gladly will.

Best regards, Anders

mån 7 aug. 2017 kl. 20:04 skrev Paul Davis <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Here i have :

cat /proc/asound/version

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version k4.9.0-3-amd64

and

uname -a

4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u1 (2017-06-18) x86_64
GNU/Linux

Le Mon, 7 Aug 2017 21:21:31 -0400,
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> oh, also: cat /proc/asound/version
>
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Paul Davis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Anders - what does uname -a report on your system?
> >
> > I could get input to be received by the cpu on Linux only after
> > plugging the device into a MacOS box, but even that is not proving
> > reliable.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I have used Ultra Ultralite AVB (not 624 AVB) to record electric
> >> bass directly to Ardour and I have also recorded vocals but then I
> >> routed the voice trough the internal mixer to let the vocalist
> >> adjust the monitoring from Ardour and have built in DSP reverb for
> >> better experience. Have not had any issues with routing or jackd
> >> or the onboard stuff except the iPad application sometimes not
> >> rendering the mixer/router pages correctly.
> >>
> >> I am running kxstudio (ubuntu 14.04 with rt-kernel and kxstudio
> >> packages)
> >>
> >> I have a Debian 7 box that I can check with my AVB stuff but both
> >> my cards are the classic MOTU Ultralite AVB.
> >> If I can check anything more, I gladly will.
> >>
> >> Best regards, Anders
> >>
> >> mån 7 aug. 2017 kl. 20:04 skrev Paul Davis

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist
Hello !

I am at work so I don't have access to the AVB card or the computer at the moment but will report back in maybe 9 hours
The kernel I believe is 3.13-126 Low-latency 64-bit from the ubuntu repo
I'll get the true information when at the computer

/Anders

Hello.

Here i have :

cat /proc/asound/version

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version k4.9.0-3-amd64

and

uname -a

4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u1 (2017-06-18) x86_64
GNU/Linux

Le Mon, 7 Aug 2017 21:21:31 -0400,
Paul Davis <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> oh, also: cat /proc/asound/version
>
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Paul Davis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Anders - what does uname -a report on your system?
> >
> > I could get input to be received by the cpu on Linux only after
> > plugging the device into a MacOS box, but even that is not proving
> > reliable.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Anders Hellquist <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I have used Ultra Ultralite AVB (not 624 AVB) to record electric
> >> bass directly to Ardour and I have also recorded vocals but then I
> >> routed the voice trough the internal mixer to let the vocalist
> >> adjust the monitoring from Ardour and have built in DSP reverb for
> >> better experience. Have not had any issues with routing or jackd
> >> or the onboard stuff except the iPad application sometimes not
> >> rendering the mixer/router pages correctly.
> >>
> >> I am running kxstudio (ubuntu 14.04 with rt-kernel and kxstudio
> >> packages)
> >>
> >> I have a Debian 7 box that I can check with my AVB stuff but both
> >> my cards are the classic MOTU Ultralite AVB.
> >> If I can check anything more, I gladly will.
> >>
> >> Best regards, Anders
> >>
> >> mån 7 aug. 2017 kl. 20:04 skrev Paul Davis

Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist
Hi again and sorry for the delay

uname -a

Linux 3.13.0-126-lowlatency #175-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 20 19:13:12 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cat /proc/asound/version

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version k3.13.0-126-lowlatency.

/Anders

12