How to change the settings of LAU

Louigi Verona
Hey everyone!

A while ago I stopped receiving LAU emails. Maybe it was due to the linuxaudio.org hack. Then I resubscribed, but now I am getting emails in bulk, which is very inconvenient for me and I have no idea how to respond to individual emails from the digest.

I tried going to the LAU list website and logging in to maybe change the configuration somehow, but I couldn't login - I think I forgot the correct password for this.

Can someone please help? All I want is to start receiving LAU emails normally, not in a digest form.

Re: How to change the settings of LAU

Christopher Arndt
Am 24.05.2018 um 12:50 schrieb Louigi Verona:> Can someone please help?
All I want is to start receiving LAU emails
> normally, not in a digest form.

and you can change your settings.

Chris

Re: How to change the settings of LAU

Jeremy Jongepier
On 05/24/2018 12:50 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> A while ago I stopped receiving LAU emails. Maybe it was due to the
> linuxaudio.org hack. Then I resubscribed, but now I am getting emails in
> bulk, which is very inconvenient for me and I have no idea how to respond
> to individual emails from the digest.
>
> I tried going to the LAU list website and logging in to maybe change the
> configuration somehow, but I couldn't login - I think I forgot the correct
> password for this.
>
> Can someone please help? All I want is to start receiving LAU emails
> normally, not in a digest form.
Hi Louigi,

I just disabled digest for you.

Best,

Jeremy

On Thu, 24 May 2018 13:09:03 +0200, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>Am 24.05.2018 um 12:50 schrieb Louigi Verona:> Can someone please help?
>All I want is to start receiving LAU emails normally, not in a digest
>form.
>
>Every mail to this list has a footer with a link to the list
>information page.

Hi,

the digest much likely includes this information on top of the message
body, not by a footer.

Apart from this, modern MUAs usually have a menu to get this information
from the email headers.

Btw. it's good practise to make the mailing list default for digest
mails "MIME", see
http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node28.html ,so by default users
would receive a digest that allows to reply to individual mails
without breaking the thread.

FWIW there's no need to login via
https://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user ,it's possible
to change all settings by email. This works for all "normal" mailman
mailing lists.

To get a list of the available commands send an empty email with
the subject

help

to     [hidden email]
not to [hidden email]

If you want to change something, e.g. disabling delivery completely,
sent an email without subject

to     [hidden email]
not to [hidden email] with the following content

set authenticate your_password
set delivery off

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-cornflower,,-pussytoes,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.16.11-1

Re: How to change the settings of LAU

David Kastrup
Jeremy Jongepier <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 05/24/2018 12:50 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
>> Hey everyone!
>>
>> A while ago I stopped receiving LAU emails. Maybe it was due to the
>> linuxaudio.org hack. Then I resubscribed, but now I am getting emails in
>> bulk, which is very inconvenient for me and I have no idea how to respond
>> to individual emails from the digest.
>>
>> I tried going to the LAU list website and logging in to maybe change the
>> configuration somehow, but I couldn't login - I think I forgot the correct
>> password for this.
>>
>> Can someone please help? All I want is to start receiving LAU emails
>> normally, not in a digest form.
>
> Hi Louigi,
>
> I just disabled digest for you.

More annoyingly, Gmane has had its subscription stopped for some reason
and there is no obvious way to reach anybody there even though it still
operates nicely as a mailing list gateway to NNTP.

--
David Kastrup

Re: How to change the settings of LAU

>On 05/24/2018 12:50 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
>> A while ago I stopped receiving LAU emails. Maybe it was due to the
>> linuxaudio.org hack.

This is the most unlikely cause, much more reasonable would e.g. be a
bounce score. If you have got a bounce score, it's shown on top, after
logging into your account at
https://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user . A high
bounce score usually leads to disabled delivery and also could lead to
get unsubscribed. There are other more likely possible causes, than
a hack.