IR.lv2 bookmarks & file mgmt

Yassin Philip-2

Hi, LAUs!

I'm trying to understand how IR.lv2 (I'm using the 1.3.2-1kxstudio1 version) manages IR files ; I have this quite long list of Lexicon480L files, it's in AIFF format, and first, the files don't show up when you click the "Open file" button, you have to remove the "audio files" filter and use "all files" and then you can only select ONE file ; And then, if I want to try another file, I lose the first one! It's gone, if I want it again I'll have to "Open" it anew :(

And there's this "Bookmarks" window/pane : When I click "add" I get a directory requester, if I select my dir (note that at this point, I *can* see all my aif files inside it, only greyed out) then OK, fine, I have a "Lexicon 480L" bookmark, but clicking on it does nothing :( I guess my IR file management is broken..? Note that this works in Klangfalter, it remembers where the files are, I just have to click one in the list to load it ; But Then again Klangfalter tends to refuse to work when I need it the most (you know, "because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied") so I wanted to try out IR.lv2.

Is this file management thing working at you guys? Is there some config file where I can get it to work with aif files too?

Thank you for your patience ; my album is going forward, check out yesterday's tune :)

--
Yassin Philip      New album NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.io

Re: IR.lv2 bookmarks & file mgmt

Hermann Meyer
Hi

First, thanks for the link to the Lexicon480L IR files, they sound
indeed great.

Now to your question, the reason why they are not stored in the bookmark
folder are here:

https://github.com/Anchakor/ir.lv2/blob/master/ir_utils.cc#L144

if (strcmp(ext, ".aiff") == 0) { return 1; }

if (strcmp(ext, ".AIFF") == 0) { return 1; }

the files from the lexicon archive ending with ".aif", which is not
supported by the filename filter (currently)

adding a line there:

if (strcmp(ext, ".aif") == 0) { return 1; }

will do it.

Alternative you could rename the files so that they match the filter

|rename 's/aif$/aiff/' *.aif|

regards
hermann

On 08/07/17 07:22, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Hi
Hi Hermann, thanks for your quick answer

> First, thanks for the link to the Lexicon480L IR files, they sound
> indeed great.
They do, right?

> Now to your question, the reason why they are not stored in the
> bookmark folder are here:
>
> https://github.com/Anchakor/ir.lv2/blob/master/ir_utils.cc#L144
>

> if (strcmp(ext, ".aiff") == 0) { return 1; }
>
> if (strcmp(ext, ".AIFF") == 0) { return 1; }

Ah, I see :)

> the files from the lexicon archive ending with ".aif", which is not
> supported by the filename filter (currently)
>
> adding a line there:
>
> if (strcmp(ext, ".aif") == 0) { return 1; }
>
> will do it.
Did you do it? I mean, and submit a pull request? Should I?

> Alternative you could rename the files so that they match the filter
>
> |rename 's/aif$/aiff/' *.aif|
Well, that only solved the filter problem, but the bookmarking function
still doesn't work, even after a full restart, and re-creating the
bookmark... :(

Am 08.07.2017 um 19:43 schrieb Yassin Philip:

> On 08/07/17 07:22, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>> Hi
> Hi Hermann, thanks for your quick answer
>>
>> First, thanks for the link to the Lexicon480L IR files, they sound
>> indeed great.
> They do, right?
>>
>> Now to your question, the reason why they are not stored in the
>> bookmark folder are here:
>>
>> https://github.com/Anchakor/ir.lv2/blob/master/ir_utils.cc#L144
>>

>> if (strcmp(ext, ".aiff") == 0) { return 1; }
>>
>> if (strcmp(ext, ".AIFF") == 0) { return 1; }
>>
> Ah, I see :)
>>
>> the files from the lexicon archive ending with ".aif", which is not
>> supported by the filename filter (currently)
>>
>> adding a line there:
>>
>> if (strcmp(ext, ".aif") == 0) { return 1; }
>>
>> will do it.
> Did you do it? I mean, and submit a pull request? Should I?
>>
>> Alternative you could rename the files so that they match the filter
>>
>> |rename 's/aif$/aiff/' *.aif|
> Well, that only solved the filter problem, but the bookmarking
> function still doesn't work, even after a full restart, and
> re-creating the bookmark... :(

I've added the filter line to ir_ utils.cc line 146 and as well to
ir_gui.cc line 509
Works here as expected, duno why it wont work for you.
Bookmarked folder shows all my aif files, and I could flawless select them.

regards
hermann

>> regards
>> hermann
>>
>> Am 07.07.2017 um 11:59 schrieb Yassin Philip:
>>>
>>> Hi, LAUs!
>>>
>>> I'm trying to understand how IR.lv2
>>> <https://github.com/Anchakor/ir.lv2> (I'm using the 1.3.2-1kxstudio1
>>> version) manages IR files ; I have this quite long list of
>>> Lexicon480L files
>>> <http://www.housecallfm.com/download-gns-personal-lexicon-480l>,
>>> it's in AIFF format, and first, the files don't show up when you
>>> click the "Open file" button, you have to remove the "audio files"
>>> filter and use "all files" and then you can only select ONE file ;
>>> And then, if I want to try another file, I lose the first one! It's
>>> gone, if I want it again I'll have to "Open" it anew :(
>>>
>>> And there's this "Bookmarks" window/pane : When I click "add" I get
>>> a directory requester, if I select my dir (note that at this point,
>>> I *can* see all my aif files inside it, only greyed out) then OK,
>>> fine, I have a "Lexicon 480L" bookmark, but clicking on it does
>>> nothing :( I guess my IR file management is broken..? Note that this
>>> works in Klangfalter, it remembers where the files are, I just have
>>> to click one in the list to load it ; But Then again Klangfalter
>>> tends to refuse to work when I need it the most (you know, "because
>>> its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied") so I wanted to
>>> try out IR.lv2.
>>>
>>> Is this file management thing working at you guys? Is there some
>>> config file where I can get it to work with aif files too?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your patience ; my album is going forward, check out
>>> yesterday's tune
>>> <https://soundcloud.com/yassinphilip/amazone-session-2017-07-06-1903>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Yassin Philip      New album NOW
>>> http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.io

Re: IR.lv2 bookmarks & file mgmt

Yassin Philip-2

>>> adding a line there:
>>>
>>> if (strcmp(ext, ".aif") == 0) { return 1; }
>>>
>>> will do it.
>> Did you do it? I mean, and submit a pull request? Should I?
>>>
>>> Alternative you could rename the files so that they match the filter
>>>
>>> |rename 's/aif$/aiff/' *.aif|
>> Well, that only solved the filter problem, but the bookmarking
>> function still doesn't work, even after a full restart, and
>> re-creating the bookmark... :(
>
> I've added the filter line to ir_ utils.cc line 146 and as well to
> ir_gui.cc line 509
> Works here as expected, duno why it wont work for you.
> Bookmarked folder shows all my aif files, and I could flawless select
> them.
Oh, I didn't DL and compile it, just took the shorter "rename" route, so
I guess it was not just the file request filter after all... Oh well,
it's just a bit more time consuming to browse the files :( Thanks for
your patience!