It's been a while

Will J Godfrey
I've had a very long 'dead' spell where I couldn't come up with anything
completely new and original, but I finally set out to compose something for
this month's KVR contest. After leaving it a few days, I listened again and
found I liked it enough to post a copy on Soundcloud :)
Hope you like it too.

https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/morning

Re: It's been a while

Hank Stanglow
Nice. Reminds me of this reiki/meditation album I have.

On 9/28/19 12:15 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Hope you like it too.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/morning

Re: It's been a while

Hey hey Will,
Sep 28 2019, Will Godfrey has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/morning
My unreasonable challenges with very sweet music aside: this is a
beautiful tune! Do I detect Will Godfrey's official favourite lead
sound? The clarinet-like timbre gently flitting through the early rays,
is very lovely. Your arrangement, as ever, is very homogenous and very
ambient. Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Jeanny

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You are my summer breeze, my winter sun,
my springtime soul, my autumn touch of gold

Re: It's been a while

Lorenzo Sutton
On 28/09/19 21:15, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I've had a very long 'dead' spell where I couldn't come up with anything
> completely new and original, but I finally set out to compose something for
> this month's KVR contest. After leaving it a few days, I listened again and
> found I liked it enough to post a copy on Soundcloud :)
> Hope you like it too.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/morning

Lovely tune, well arranged and well set in terms of atmosphere. Thanks
for sharing.

Lorenzo.

PS: I'm just _wondering_ what synth you might have used :-) :-)

Re: It's been a while

Will J Godfrey
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 13:56:51 +0200
Lorenzo Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 28/09/19 21:15, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> I've had a very long 'dead' spell where I couldn't come up with anything
>> completely new and original, but I finally set out to compose something for
>> this month's KVR contest. After leaving it a few days, I listened again and
>> found I liked it enough to post a copy on Soundcloud :)
>> Hope you like it too.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/morning
>>

>Lovely tune, well arranged and well set in terms of atmosphere. Thanks
>for sharing.
>
>Lorenzo.
>
>PS: I'm just _wondering_ what synth you might have used :-) :-)

You need to ask? Well,
obviously it goes without
saying (whether that is
here or anywhere else)
it's most likely to be
my long-term favourite
instrument.

Hmmm, must sort out that
word wrap.

@ J.C.
Solo. But of course?

Thanks all, much appreciated :)

Re: It's been a while

Jostein Chr. Andersen
On 2019-09-28 21:15, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I've had a very long 'dead' spell where I couldn't come up with
> anything
> completely new and original, but I finally set out to compose something
> for
> this month's KVR contest. After leaving it a few days, I listened again
> and
> found I liked it enough to post a copy on Soundcloud :)
> Hope you like it too.

Nice, it cleans my brain and puts me in a good mood!  :-)

The synths sound so good, is it Yoshimi? To learn to use Yoshimi
properly has been on my Todo-list for a long time now, I hope I can do
that soon.

Jostein

Re: It's been a while

Will J Godfrey
On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 08:35:44 +0200
"Jostein Chr. Andersen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2019-09-28 21:15, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> I've had a very long 'dead' spell where I couldn't come up with
>> anything
>> completely new and original, but I finally set out to compose something
>> for
>> this month's KVR contest. After leaving it a few days, I listened again
>> and
>> found I liked it enough to post a copy on Soundcloud :)
>> Hope you like it too.
>
>Nice, it cleans my brain and puts me in a good mood!  :-)

Very happy to hear that :)

>The synths sound so good, is it Yoshimi? To learn to use Yoshimi
>properly has been on my Todo-list for a long time now, I hope I can do
>that soon.
>
>Jostein

Yes it's entirely Yoshimi sounds, with Rosegarden as the sequencer.
I build up complete recordings by live playing to Rosegarden as MIDI tracks.

I've actually just got back from a chillout holiday in Derbyshire, also demoing
Yoshimi at SynthfestUK 2019 on Saturday :)

Details here, and the floor plan. Yoshimi was at L6, same as last year :)
https://www.synthfest.co.uk/exhibitors

Once I've caught up with 'stuff' I'll put together a show report.