Jack Internal Clients

Spencer Jackson
Hi all:

I've been trying to make my OSC2MIDI app work as an internal client for the MOD Duo. However I've got some misunderstanding or something. I'm first just trying it on desktop (debian) but even compiling the example internal client at https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/blob/develop/example-clients/inprocess.c and running

lack_load /home/spencer/inprocess

yeilds the same result as when I try to run osc2midi. It fails with the message intclient = 0 status = 0x1

Are the internal clients supposed to be in a special directory or something? I haven't had any luck with the googles for documentation or examples beyond the source for the client.

If more information about my system or whatever would be helpful just let me know. Thanks,
_Spencer

Re: Jack Internal Clients

Hanspeter Portner
On 05.04.19 18:03, Spencer Jackson wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I've been trying to make my OSC2MIDI app work as an internal client for the MOD
> Duo. However I've got some misunderstanding or something. I'm first just trying
> it on desktop (debian) but even compiling the example internal client at
> https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/blob/develop/example-clients/inprocess.c and
> running
>
> lack_load /home/spencer/inprocess
>
> yeilds the same result as when I try to run osc2midi. It fails with the message
> intclient = 0 status = 0x1
>
> Are the internal clients supposed to be in a special directory or something? I
> haven't had any luck with the googles for documentation or examples beyond the
> source for the client.
>
> My source is at https://github.com/ssj71/OSC2MIDI/tree/jack_internal/src if it
> helps.

I've given it a try, my jack_load here wants at least 2 parameters, an arbitrary
client name and shared object.

jack_load [ -i initstring ] [ -s servername ] [-w ] client-name so-name [
initstring ]

Giving it the absolute path to shared object (without .so) seems to work. This
is from within the build directory...

    jack_load osc2midi $(pwd)/src/libosc2midi_internal

Seems to load fine in jackd 0.125.0 apart from a warning by osc2midi itself

    Error opening map file! /usr/local/share/osc2midi/default.omm

> If more information about my system or whatever would be helpful just let me
> know. Thanks,
> _Spencer

Re: Jack Internal Clients

Spencer Jackson
I was hoping it was something so simple but unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. The fact that you are able to get something is encouraging though. I don't know what is different about my system but I suspect its something odd with my jack. When I run jackd --version I get
jackdmp version 1.9.11

and from jack_load --help:
usage: jack_load [ options ] client-name [ load-name [ init-string]]

I really appreciate your help. If someone has further insight, I'm still pretty stuck.