LAC2017 Hotels

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LAC2017 Hotels

Will Godfrey
I thought it about time I started looking at these to get an idea of what's
avaialble, and was rather surprised to find the two nearest seemed to be fully
booked for the conference dates - although admittedly one is right in the city
centre.

I was hoping to find one a reasonable walking distance. Anyone sorted theirs
yet?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Romain Michon
Hi Will,

I grew up in Saint-Etienne and there's a tramway stop right in front of where LAC is happening. The city is fairly small and it doesn't take more than 10 minutes to go from one place to another in the city center using common transportations. So I'd say that any hotel in the city center and close to a tramway stop should do...

Cheers,

Romain 

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought it about time I started looking at these to get an idea of what's
avaialble, and was rather surprised to find the two nearest seemed to be fully
booked for the conference dates - although admittedly one is right in the city
centre.

I was hoping to find one a reasonable walking distance. Anyone sorted theirs
yet?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user



--
Romain Michon
(+1)(650)646-8917
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~rmichon

_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Will Godfrey
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 15:03:24 -0800
Romain Michon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> I grew up in Saint-Etienne and there's a tramway stop right in front of
> where LAC is happening. The city is fairly small and it doesn't take more
> than 10 minutes to go from one place to another in the city center using
> common transportations. So I'd say that any hotel in the city center and
> close to a tramway stop should do...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romain

Hi Romain,

Thanks. Useful to know.
Coming from a country where public transport is a bad joke, it's easy to forget
that the same is not true elsewhere.
Presumably it's possible to get some form of travel pass covering several days.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Romain Michon
Yeah, you can buy a 10 trips ticket for €10: http://www.reseau-stas.fr/en/m-ticket-stas/79

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Will J Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 15:03:24 -0800
Romain Michon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> I grew up in Saint-Etienne and there's a tramway stop right in front of
> where LAC is happening. The city is fairly small and it doesn't take more
> than 10 minutes to go from one place to another in the city center using
> common transportations. So I'd say that any hotel in the city center and
> close to a tramway stop should do...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romain

Hi Romain,

Thanks. Useful to know.
Coming from a country where public transport is a bad joke, it's easy to forget
that the same is not true elsewhere.
Presumably it's possible to get some form of travel pass covering several days.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user



--
Romain Michon
(+1)(650)646-8917
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~rmichon

_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Will Godfrey
Well that was curious. When I tried looking on-line before, all the central
hotels seemed to be fully booked, but just now there were plenty of spaces.
If anyone's interested I've gone for the City Lofthotel. It's probably not the
cheapest, but looks well appointed, with a decent bar and lounge area (always
a winner). It also seems to be a walkable distance.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Laurent Pottier
Hello Will,

The University is close to the center of Saint-Etienne. So most hotels are at walkable distance of the university (15-20 minutes).

There is a tramway that can help to go from a point to another too.

Best Regards,

lac2017 team

http://lac2017.sciencesconf.org




> Le 3 avr. 2017 à 20:52, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Well that was curious. When I tried looking on-line before, all the central
> hotels seemed to be fully booked, but just now there were plenty of spaces.
> If anyone's interested I've gone for the City Lofthotel. It's probably not the
> cheapest, but looks well appointed, with a decent bar and lounge area (always
> a winner). It also seems to be a walkable distance.
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk
> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
> _______________________________________________
> Linux-audio-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user

_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user