Quantcast

LAC2017 Hotels

Will Godfrey
I thought it about time I started looking at these to get an idea of what's
avaialble, and was rather surprised to find the two nearest seemed to be fully
booked for the conference dates - although admittedly one is right in the city
centre.

I was hoping to find one a reasonable walking distance. Anyone sorted theirs
yet?

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Romain Michon
Hi Will,

I grew up in Saint-Etienne and there's a tramway stop right in front of where LAC is happening. The city is fairly small and it doesn't take more than 10 minutes to go from one place to another in the city center using common transportations. So I'd say that any hotel in the city center and close to a tramway stop should do...

Cheers,

Romain

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought it about time I started looking at these to get an idea of what's
avaialble, and was rather surprised to find the two nearest seemed to be fully
booked for the conference dates - although admittedly one is right in the city
centre.

I was hoping to find one a reasonable walking distance. Anyone sorted theirs
yet?

Romain Michon
(+1)(650)646-8917
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~rmichon

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Will Godfrey
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 15:03:24 -0800
Romain Michon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> I grew up in Saint-Etienne and there's a tramway stop right in front of
> where LAC is happening. The city is fairly small and it doesn't take more
> than 10 minutes to go from one place to another in the city center using
> common transportations. So I'd say that any hotel in the city center and
> close to a tramway stop should do...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romain

Hi Romain,

Thanks. Useful to know.
Coming from a country where public transport is a bad joke, it's easy to forget
that the same is not true elsewhere.
Presumably it's possible to get some form of travel pass covering several days.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.

Re: LAC2017 Hotels

Romain Michon
Yeah, you can buy a 10 trips ticket for €10: http://www.reseau-stas.fr/en/m-ticket-stas/79