LAC2017 extended deadline for all submissions February 28

LAC2017 extended deadline for all submissions February 28

Laurent Pottier
Hello,

We have decided to extend the deadline for all submissions to February 28.

Could you please spread the news to your networks?
Thanks in advance!

Extension of the deadline for all submissions to Tuesday 28 February 2017, 23:59 GMT+1 (Saint-Etienne time)

Linux Audio Conference LAC2017.
18-21 May, 2017 - Saint-Etienne, France

https://lac2017.univ-st-etienne.fr

========== Special INFORMATION =========================

========== Paul DAVIS special guest during LAC2017 ===========
Mr. Paul Davis will introduce the LAC2017 conference in Saint-Etienne.

================ Important Dates =========================

Extended deadline for submissions: February 28, 2017
Acceptance notification: March 25, 2017
Final deadline for ‘camera ready’ paper: April 15, 2017
Author registration deadline: April 20, 2017

Urgent questions: [hidden email]
More info on the conference website (updated frequently): https://lac2017.univ-st-etienne.fr

Organising team:
• CIEREC (Centre Interdisciplinaire d’Étude et de Recherche sur l’Expression Contemporaine)
• Music Department of Jean Monnet University (UJM)
• GRAME (National Center for Musical Creation)
• Random-Lab, Center for Open Researches in Art, Design and New Media at ESADSE (Art School of Saint-Etienne)
• Associations « Le son des choses » (Acousmatic Music).

Best regards,

Laurent Pottier

Université Jean Monnet
CIEREC - EA3068
35, rue du 11 novembre
42023 Saint-Etienne Cedex 02 - France
port. : +33(0)6 21 66 28 76
tel : +33(0)4 77 42 16 61
fax : +33(0)4 77 42 16 84

Re: LAC2017 extended deadline for all submissions February 28

Albert Graef-2
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Laurent Pottier <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have decided to extend the deadline for all submissions to February 28.

All right, (some more) time to whip out emacs, vi or even LibreOffice and get your papers in good shape now. ;-) It's a different site for the submissions, but the templates are the same as always, so if you made yourself your own custom LAC template, you can go on using it.

Just a quick side note for people who are looking for the "paper" (main track) submission category on the submission page at https://lac2017.sciencesconf.org/: use "Conference". sciencesconf.org is a French site (the submission page is in English, though), and conférence in French means "talk" as well as "conference", so that's what the "papers" category is. This should be fairly obvious, but I stumbled onto this myself, so I thought I'd mentioned it for the non-French-speaking population here.

If you have any questions concerning the submission process, please just post them in this thread, and Laurent, Yann or myself will hopefully be able to help.

Happy writing,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  [hidden email]

Re: LAC2017 extended deadline for all submissions February 28

Bruno Ruviaro-2
Hi Albert et alt.,

The instructions for music submissions say

"required file format is PDF, formatted for A4 paper. It includes:
  • registration form available on the download page of the conference website;
  • technical rider of the work;
  • video or audio link to the project;
  • an artbook."

Where is this registration form? Is this a music-specific form? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Should I upload an audio file of the work directly as "supplementary data" on scienceconf?

Do I need to provide an audio link if I have already uploaded a file as "supplementary data"?

What is meant by "artbook"?

Thank you very much for the clarification!

Bruno

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 1:00 AM, Albert Graef <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello Bruno,

Thank you for your message.

> Le 19 févr. 2017 à 00:58, Bruno Ruviaro <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Albert et alt.,
>
> The instructions for music submissions say
>
> "required file format is PDF, formatted for A4 paper. It includes:
> • registration form available on the download page of the conference website;
> • technical rider of the work;
> • video or audio link to the project;
> • an artbook."
> Where is this registration form? Is this a music-specific form? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

You just need to register on the scienceconf website. There is no other special registration form.

> Should I upload an audio file of the work directly as "supplementary data" on scienceconf?
>
> Do I need to provide an audio link if I have already uploaded a file as "supplementary data »?

You need to provide a web link to the audio files and to any other material you want

> What is meant by "artbook »?

You have to add a CV, that presents your biography and past works.

Cheers
Laurent