LV2 X11 GUI generator/designer tool

Hermann Meyer
Hi

I'm currently working on a X11 based GUI generator/designer tool to make
LV2 GUI development a bit easier.

Current state is pre-alpha.

The tool is able to scan ttl files and create the needed control widgets
for a plugin, the widgets could be moved around, ordered in frames
and/or replaced by other control widgets (replace knob with slider etc.)

It's as well possible to just create a GUI without parsing a ttl, set
the controls,  ranges, labels, etc.

It' inspired by Glade (which we heavily used in guitarix), but the
generated output file is a plain C file.

The resulting GUI could already be used (a small makefile will be
generated together with the gui definition C file so the GUI library
could be build)

Currently only libxputty (by a included wrapper file) is supported to
act as back-end library for the generated file, but that is just a
question of writing wrappers for other widget toolkits.

As mentioned above, this is pre-alpha, so no release jet, but the issue
tracker is open for comments and suggestions, as for bug reports.

If you like to give it a go, here it is:

https://github.com/brummer10/XUiDesigner

regards

hermann

Re: LV2 X11 GUI generator/designer tool

Yuri
On 2/11/21 7:11 AM, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> If you like to give it a go, here it is:
>
> https://github.com/brummer10/XUiDesigner

Why don't you use cmake? Going forward cmake is much easier to use, more
portable and more error proof.

Yuri

Am 12.02.21 um 19:42 schrieb Yuri:

> On 2/11/21 7:11 AM, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>>
>> If you like to give it a go, here it is:
>>
>> https://github.com/brummer10/XUiDesigner
>

> Why don't you use cmake? Going forward cmake is much easier to use,
> more portable and more error proof.
>

> Yuri

I choose the lowest level on build dependency, also I'm most comfortable
with plain make.