Linux Audio Berlin meeting 2017-08-02 - Ideas please

Linux Audio Berlin meeting 2017-08-02 - Ideas please

Daniel Swärd
Hi.

For once I'm going to try to announce the meeting a little bit ahead of
time...

As usual it's at c-base (Rungestraße 20) and at 20:00 in the mainhall
(and maybe later in the soundlab if we want to generate sounds with
Linux).

For next week's meeting I'd like to have some sort of agenda for once.
So, please add ideas to this thread.

Some things I was thinking about which might be interesting:
- How do you version your audio projects?
- What's a good backup strategy for music projects (ok, that's not only
music)?
- What to do if a new software version makes your project sound
different, but you still want to use the new features of the software?

It's maybe not specifically Linux Audio topics, but still topics I
would guess Linux users might have thought a little bit more about.

        /Daniel

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting 2017-08-02 - Ideas please

Carlos Sanchiavedraz
Hi Daniel,

On July 25, 2017 8:23:32 AM PDT, "Daniel Swärd" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>For once I'm going to try to announce the meeting a little bit ahead of
>time...
>
>As usual it's at c-base (Rungestraße 20) and at 20:00 in the mainhall
>(and maybe later in the soundlab if we want to generate sounds with
>Linux).
>
>For next week's meeting I'd like to have some sort of agenda for once.
>So, please add ideas to this thread.
>
>Some things I was thinking about which might be interesting:
>- How do you version your audio projects?
>- What's a good backup strategy for music projects (ok, that's not only
>music)?
>- What to do if a new software version makes your project sound
>different, but you still want to use the new features of the software?
>
>It's maybe not specifically Linux Audio topics, but still topics I
>would guess Linux users might have thought a little bit more about.
>
> /Daniel

Interesting topics. Hopefully I can be there some day. In the meantime, do you guys generate some content, record talks or workshops there?

Thanks

On Fri, 2017-07-28 at 09:40 -0700, Carlos wrote:
> Interesting topics. Hopefully I can be there some day. In the meantime, do you
> guys generate some content, record talks or workshops there?

Well, not so far. It's more an ad-hoc event, so there haven't been any talks.
But that could change if things would get more organized...

On Tue, 2017-07-25 at 17:23 +0200, Daniel Swärd wrote:
> For once I'm going to try to announce the meeting a little bit ahead of
> time...
>
> As usual it's at c-base (Rungestraße 20) and at 20:00 in the mainhall
> (and maybe later in the soundlab if we want to generate sounds with
> Linux).

Just replying to this thread to bump it as a reminder...

> For next week's meeting I'd like to have some sort of agenda for once.
> So, please add ideas to this thread.

Any ideas for tomorrow?

Cheers

        /Daniel