Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

Daniel Swärd
Hi.

I'm once again hoping that we might get some people to the Linux Audio
Berlin meeting. I'll be in the mainhall at c-base (Rungestraße 20) from
20:00.

Cheers

        /Daniel

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

Louigi Verona
Since it matters that people respond, so that someone will decide to come if they see others coming, I will add my response: this and next week are last Wednesdays that are taken up by German language classes for me.

Starting second half of July I will definitely be visiting the meetups at cbase Berlin, if not absolutely every one of them, than at least many of them.

So, let's do some music with Linux Audio!

On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 14:44 +0200, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Starting second half of July I will definitely be visiting the
> meetups at cbase Berlin, if not absolutely every one of them, than at
> least many of them.

The meeting is a recurring block in the c-base event calendar and it is
for the first Wednesday each month. So the next one will be on
Wednesday the 2:nd of Auguust.

> So, let's do some music with Linux Audio!

Yes! :-)

        /Daniel

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

Robin Gareus
On 07/05/2017 01:05 PM, Daniel Swärd wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm once again hoping that we might get some people to the Linux Audio
> Berlin meeting. I'll be in the mainhall at c-base (Rungestraße 20) from
> 20:00.
>
> Cheers

Thanks for the reminder. I can't make it tonight, but I've put the
August 2nd down.

have fun!
robin

On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 17:41 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:

> On 07/05/2017 01:05 PM, Daniel Swärd wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm once again hoping that we might get some people to the Linux
> > Audio
> > Berlin meeting. I'll be in the mainhall at c-base (Rungestraße 20)
> > from
> > 20:00.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> Thanks for the reminder. I can't make it tonight, but I've put the
> August 2nd down.

So, should we (if trying also to get some more people (yesterday I was
the only one showing up...)) maybe have an agenda or some discussion
topics to have it a little bit more organized?

- New software to try out?
- Old software that people should not forget?
- A jam session in the soundlab?

What do you think?

        /Daniel

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

holger
6. Juli 2017 15:29, "Daniel Swärd" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 17:41 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>
>> On 07/05/2017 01:05 PM, Daniel Swärd wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm once again hoping that we might get some people to the Linux
>> Audio
>> Berlin meeting. I'll be in the mainhall at c-base (Rungestraße 20)
>> from
>> 20:00.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder. I can't make it tonight, but I've put the
>> August 2nd down.
>
> So, should we (if trying also to get some more people (yesterday I was
> the only one showing up...)) maybe have an agenda or some discussion
> topics to have it a little bit more organized?
>
> - New software to try out?
> - Old software that people should not forget?
> - A jam session in the soundlab?
>
> What do you think?
>
> /Daniel

Hi Daniel and others,

I would like to talk about others experiences with session management: Jack session, non session manager and ladish (the on I use) . In my opinion this is one of the outstanding features of Linux audio but are there a lot of peaople using it?
And why are they only supported by a small amount of applications?

I will not be there in August as I'm on holidays, but would like to see this as a topic in September?

Holger

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

Louigi Verona
I think the idea of having an agenda is a good idea. Otherwise, when people come - there is nothing there, but just people sitting with their laptops.

If there is an agenda, there is something to look forward to.

Another idea - is that we can actually record our meetings. And then post it here, for other people to listen to the sessions. I can bring my Zoom recorder and always record. We can even do videos, too.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:56 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
6. Juli 2017 15:29, "Daniel Swärd" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 17:41 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>
>> On 07/05/2017 01:05 PM, Daniel Swärd wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm once again hoping that we might get some people to the Linux
>> Audio
>> Berlin meeting. I'll be in the mainhall at c-base (Rungestraße 20)
>> from
>> 20:00.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder. I can't make it tonight, but I've put the
>> August 2nd down.
>
> So, should we (if trying also to get some more people (yesterday I was
> the only one showing up...)) maybe have an agenda or some discussion
> topics to have it a little bit more organized?
>
> - New software to try out?
> - Old software that people should not forget?
> - A jam session in the soundlab?
>
> What do you think?
>
> /Daniel

Hi Daniel and others,

I would like to talk about others experiences with session management: Jack session, non session manager and ladish (the on I use) . In my opinion this is one of the outstanding features of Linux audio but are there a lot of peaople using it?
And why are they only supported by a small amount of applications?

I will not be there in August as I'm on holidays, but would like to see this as a topic in September?

Holger

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

Will Godfrey
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 22:08:03 +0200
Louigi Verona <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the idea of having an agenda is a good idea. Otherwise, when people
> come - there is nothing there, but just people sitting with their laptops.
>
> If there is an agenda, there is something to look forward to.
>
> Another idea - is that we can actually record our meetings. And then post
> it here, for other people to listen to the sessions. I can bring my Zoom
> recorder and always record. We can even do videos, too.
>

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:56 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > 6. Juli 2017 15:29, "Daniel Swärd" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> > > So, should we (if trying also to get some more people (yesterday I was
> > > the only one showing up...)) maybe have an agenda or some discussion
> > > topics to have it a little bit more organized?
> > >
> > > - New software to try out?
> > > - Old software that people should not forget?
> > > - A jam session in the soundlab?
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > > /Daniel
> > >

> > Hi Daniel and others,
> >
> > I would like to talk about others experiences with session management:
> > Jack session, non session manager and ladish (the on I use) . In my opinion
> > this is one of the outstanding features of Linux audio but are there a lot
> > of peaople using it?
> > And why are they only supported by a small amount of applications?
> >
> > I will not be there in August as I'm on holidays, but would like to see
> > this as a topic in September?
> >

> > Holger

Slightly OT, there's a possibility I might be in Berlin on Friday the 22nd
December (not confirmed yet). Is there anything likely to be going on at c-base
then? If so I'd try to get along there.

Will.

On 07/17/2017 10:08 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> I think the idea of having an agenda is a good idea. Otherwise, when people
> come - there is nothing there, but just people sitting with their laptops.

Actually the 3 meetings I've attended this was not true. Near zero
laptop involvement. Mostly socializing and beers. Very informal.
Exchanging some ideas and hanging out with some like-minded LADs, not
unlike the LAC hallway track. I liked that.

Cheers!
robin

Re: Linux Audio Berlin meeting?

Louigi Verona
Yeah, the laptops thing was more of a supposition. I was there just once and me and Daniel were just socializing too.

So, this is just a suggestion, but I think we could combine both.

On Mon, 2017-07-17 at 18:56 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> I would like to talk about others experiences with session
> management: Jack session, non session manager and ladish (the on I
> use) . In my opinion this is one of the outstanding features of Linux
> audio but are there a lot of peaople using it?
> And why are they only supported by a small amount of applications?

Before I started using Bitwig Studio I was trying to use ladish, but
the application support for it is problematic. It's quite a while ago
since I last used it, but it felt like it was a 50/50 chance that your
session was restored as it was without having to manually restart
applications.

> I will not be there in August as I'm on holidays, but would like to
> see this as a topic in September?

Of course we can make it a topic in September. :-)

On Mon, 2017-07-17 at 22:08 +0200, Louigi Verona wrote:
> I think the idea of having an agenda is a good idea. Otherwise, when
> people come - there is nothing there, but just people sitting with
> their laptops.
>
> If there is an agenda, there is something to look forward to.

Well, then we'll have to come up with one until the next meeting... ;-)

> Another idea - is that we can actually record our meetings. And then
> post it here, for other people to listen to the sessions. I can bring
> my Zoom recorder and always record. We can even do videos, too.

If we're going to do something like that, it would make sense to use
the seminar room for meetings we would like to record. But I guess that
would be with special occations?

On Mon, 2017-07-17 at 21:31 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Slightly OT, there's a possibility I might be in Berlin on Friday the
> 22nd December (not confirmed yet). Is there anything likely to be
> going on at c-base then? If so I'd try to get along there.

There's nothing in the calendar yet (https://www.c-base.org/calendar/),
so no special event I know of. David and riot might be around, but I'm
most likely going to be in Sweden over Christmas.

        /Daniel