LinuxSampler SFZ questions

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
after a long time I have just gone back to the LS SFZ documentation and found
it to be quite powerful and feature rich. But there are two questions I
haven't been able to solve yet:
1. Does the osccilator keyword really work and if so in which section (global,
group, region,...)? I get asn error message using it with LinuxSampler 2.1.1
(the ArchLinux package).
2. The waveguide keyword: how are other audio sources sent to it? By
lokey-hikey definitions or does a group have to have two regions with a sample
as source and a sample as waveguide?

As a question of secondary importance: in conjunction with the wavetable
oscillator is the oscillator_table_size honoured? I tried it with the
Adventure Kid WaveForms (AKWF www.adventurekid.se) and set it to 600 (600
samples per wave cycle), but still had to tune the resulting sample
accordingly by two semitones and a few cents.

Best wishes and many thanks,

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

And I love the way with just one whisper
You tell me everything <3

Re: LinuxSampler SFZ questions

Christopher Arndt
Ji Jeanette,

Am 18.11.19 um 23:15 schrieb Jeanette C.:
> 1. Does the osccilator keyword really work and if so in which section
> (global, group, region,...)? I get asn error message using it with
> LinuxSampler 2.1.1 (the ArchLinux package).

SFZ is just a spec and all Open Source implementations of it that I know
of, have only partial support for all its features.

Linuxsampler does not currently support any of the 'oscillator' opcodes
at all:

http://www.linuxsampler.org/sfz/

(search for "Wavetable Oscillator" on the page:)

> 2. The waveguide keyword:

Nor does it support 'waveguide' (listed under "Sample Definition").

Other implementations, e.g. SFZero,sfizz and liquidsfz, support even
fewer opcodes. Support for SFZ v2 opcodes is very scarce in general.

Chris

Re: LinuxSampler SFZ questions

Jeanette C.
Nov 19 2019, Christopher Arndt has written:
> Linuxsampler does not currently support any of the 'oscillator' opcodes
> at all:
>
> http://www.linuxsampler.org/sfz/
Thanks for the info. I looked at this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1UxPar5toq2uDrU4Gkf4jOGzV3ic-CAoRPo0cWE6xino
and accordingly thought that all of these opcodes were supported.
Apparently I misunderstood the intention of the page, which in this
light seems more like a complete documentation of the SFZ standard
rather than a list of implemented parts in LS.

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

And when you say those words
It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard <3

Am 19.11.19 um 09:36 schrieb Jeanette C.:
>  I looked at this document:
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1UxPar5toq2uDrU4Gkf4jOGzV3ic-CAoRPo0cWE6xino
>
> and accordingly thought that all of these opcodes were supported.

Even in this document many of the opcodes are shown as struck through,
i.e not yet supported, among them also 'oscillator_*' and 'waveguide'.

Maybe that wasn't made clear or shown at all by your screenreader?

Chris

Re: LinuxSampler SFZ questions

Jeanette C.
Nov 19 2019, Christopher Arndt has written:
> Even in this document many of the opcodes are shown as struck through,
> i.e not yet supported, among them also 'oscillator_*' and 'waveguide'.
>
> Maybe that wasn't made clear or shown at all by your screenreader?
Indeed. the terminal couldn't represent that.

Best wiishes and many thanks,