Louigi Verona interview: the challenges and the rewards of writing electronic music

Louigi Verona interview: the challenges and the rewards of writing electronic music

Louigi Verona
Hey everyone!

I am mostly known as an ambient producer, but also as the defender of electronic musics without melodies (bwahaha), as well as the popularizer of generative methods of music making.

Well, here you go, an interview were I combine all of my best qualities as the ambassador of electronic music with evocative storytelling. Enjoy!

Re: Louigi Verona interview: the challenges and the rewards of writing electronic music

Hank Stanglow
Good interview. Where are you hiding the house music you mentioned?

On 5/5/20 10:12 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Well, here you go, an interview were I combine all of my best
> qualities as the ambassador of electronic music with evocative
> storytelling. Enjoy!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u3FDUI03Ck

Re: Louigi Verona interview: the challenges and the rewards of writing electronic music

Louigi Verona
Ah, I don't post it here, because it is produced completely with FL Studio, whereas my ambient pieces continue to use Linux tools.

I now also have a separate Bandcamp account where I post all of my melodic music, as well as all of my house music. The latter is published under the moniker "Berlin is Quiet". You can find it here: https://berlinisquiet.bandcamp.com/

And thank you for listening!

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:22 PM Hank Stanglow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good interview. Where are you hiding the house music you mentioned?

On 5/5/20 10:12 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Well, here you go, an interview were I combine all of my best
> qualities as the ambassador of electronic music with evocative
> storytelling. Enjoy!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u3FDUI03Ck

Re: Louigi Verona interview: the challenges and the rewards of writing electronic music

Peter P.-2
* Louigi Verona <[hidden email]> [2020-05-05 22:59]:
> Ah, I don't post it here, because it is produced completely with FL Studio,
> whereas my ambient pieces continue to use Linux tools.
>
> I keep a playlist of latest drafts here:
> https://soundcloud.com/louigiverona/sets/berlin-songbook-vol-2
>
> I now also have a separate Bandcamp account where I post all of my melodic
> music, as well as all of my house music.
Wait, I thought you were "the defender of electronic musics without
melodies (bwahaha)" according to your last mail promoting your
interview?

Re: Louigi Verona interview: the challenges and the rewards of writing electronic music

Roger E
On 6/5/20 8:28 am, Peter P. wrote:

> * Louigi Verona <[hidden email]> [2020-05-05 22:59]:
>> Ah, I don't post it here, because it is produced completely with FL Studio,
>> whereas my ambient pieces continue to use Linux tools.
>>
>> I keep a playlist of latest drafts here:
>> https://soundcloud.com/louigiverona/sets/berlin-songbook-vol-2
>>
>> I now also have a separate Bandcamp account where I post all of my melodic
>> music, as well as all of my house music.
> Wait, I thought you were "the defender of electronic musics without
> melodies (bwahaha)" according to your last mail promoting your
> interview?
Melodies are good for the heart, droning is good for the soul. A
contented human needs both. ;)

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:30 AM Peter P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Louigi Verona <[hidden email]> [2020-05-05 22:59]:
> Ah, I don't post it here, because it is produced completely with FL Studio,
> whereas my ambient pieces continue to use Linux tools.
>
> I keep a playlist of latest drafts here:
> https://soundcloud.com/louigiverona/sets/berlin-songbook-vol-2
>
> I now also have a separate Bandcamp account where I post all of my melodic
> music, as well as all of my house music.
Wait, I thought you were "the defender of electronic musics without
melodies (bwahaha)" according to your last mail promoting your
interview?

Ah, well I am the defender of electronic musics without melodies, but not the attacker of melodic music. I don't think it is a zero sum game. Both are legitimate art forms.