MXML V3.0

Will Godfrey
Just a heads up for anyone likely to come across this.

It now hides some internal elements that were accessible in V2.x so you might
be advised to review your code - it bit us with Yoshimi :(

Re: MXML V3.0

Tim-2

On 3/3/19 6:56 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Just a heads up for anyone likely to come across this.
>
> It now hides some internal elements that were accessible in V2.x so you might
> be advised to review your code - it bit us with Yoshimi :(

Yeah, kinda like Fluidsynth 2.0 :(

Re: MXML V3.0

David Runge
On 2019-03-03 11:56:03 (+0000), Will Godfrey wrote:
> Just a heads up for anyone likely to come across this.
>
> It now hides some internal elements that were accessible in V2.x so
> you might be advised to review your code - it bit us with Yoshimi :(
That's unfortunate, but given the CVEs [1] attached to 2.12, I'm also
kinda glad a new version is out...
Please release a new version of yoshimi, once you've managed to be
compatible with 3.0!

Best,
David

[1] http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=mxml

--
https://sleepmap.de

Re: MXML V3.0

Will Godfrey
On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 19:45:02 +0100
David Runge <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2019-03-03 11:56:03 (+0000), Will Godfrey wrote:
>> Just a heads up for anyone likely to come across this.
>>
>> It now hides some internal elements that were accessible in V2.x so
>> you might be advised to review your code - it bit us with Yoshimi :(
>That's unfortunate, but given the CVEs [1] attached to 2.12, I'm also
>kinda glad a new version is out...
>Please release a new version of yoshimi, once you've managed to be
>compatible with 3.0!
>
>Best,
>David
>
>[1] http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=mxml

Already done V 1.5.10.2 :)

In view of upcoming changes to MXML we've decided to make a preemptive bugfix
release. At the same time, we've dealt with some memory leaks that might have
occurred when handling corrupted files.

Yoshimi source code is available from either:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or:
https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.