Modular software for Linux

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
I just read about VCV rack and their modular software. From what I understand,
it's a concept to mix hard- and software, but I might be mistaken, only had a
glance yet.
http://www.vcvrack.com

Just thought some of you might be interested.

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

'Cause living in a dream of you and me
Is not the way my life should be... <3
Be

Re: Modular software for Linux

Be
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

On 09/11/2017 10:00 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:

> Hey hey,
> I just read about VCV rack and their modular software. From what I
> understand, it's a concept to mix hard- and software, but I might be
> mistaken, only had a glance yet.
> http://www.vcvrack.com
>
> Just thought some of you might be interested.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --------
> * website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
> * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>
> 'Cause living in a dream of you and me
> Is not the way my life should be... <3
> (Britney Spears)

Re: Modular software for Linux

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:00:19 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just read about VCV rack and their modular software. From what I
> understand, it's a concept to mix hard- and software, but I might be
> mistaken, only had a glance yet.
> http://www.vcvrack.com

Neat for people who have or plan to have hardware modules.  Bitwig has
implemented something similar with their CV inputs/outputs in their 2.0
release.  There are a few videos out there that demonstrate it.

At the moment I'd be hard pressed to get into hardware modules such as
the Eurorack or similar.  I am not convinced of the sonic flexibility
one gets versus the price paid for a basic set of modules.