Motherboard for Linux audio

has somebody experiences with one of those mobos

https://www.reichelt.de/Mainboard-AMD/2/index.html?ACTION=2&GROUPID=6132&SHOW=1&OFFSET=16&SID=96WKGNjawQATcAAHTeIC820c09d665939190bcb52122ed4d3a60c&LANGUAGE=EN

or any other mobo that is currently on the market for less than 100 EUR?

I need a CPU + 4 or more GiB RAM + a mobo + a power supply for around
200 EUR, because I don't trust my current mobo and power supply anymore.

A while back I planned to buy a new mobo, but after a BIOS reset
everything worked good enough, so I was stupid enough to "forget" to get
a new computer. However, I don't feel good with the mobo anymore. Maybe
it's still ok, but it also might be that it already is broken. I
shouldn't wait until it's too late and I don't have any money at all.

Regards,
Ralf

Re: Motherboard for Linux audio

Bob van der Poel-3
Are you sure you want to go with AMD? I ran them for years, but my latest computers are running Intel and I think they are more worry free. Not sure of course. And it really does "depend" in the end.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:12 AM, Ralf Mardorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

has somebody experiences with one of those mobos

https://www.reichelt.de/Mainboard-AMD/2/index.html?ACTION=2&GROUPID=6132&SHOW=1&OFFSET=16&SID=96WKGNjawQATcAAHTeIC820c09d665939190bcb52122ed4d3a60c&LANGUAGE=EN

or any other mobo that is currently on the market for less than 100 EUR?

I need a CPU + 4 or more GiB RAM + a mobo + a power supply for around
200 EUR, because I don't trust my current mobo and power supply anymore.

A while back I planned to buy a new mobo, but after a BIOS reset
everything worked good enough, so I was stupid enough to "forget" to get
a new computer. However, I don't feel good with the mobo anymore. Maybe
it's still ok, but it also might be that it already is broken. I
shouldn't wait until it's too late and I don't have any money at all.

Regards,
Ralf

**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: [hidden email]
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca

Re: Motherboard for Linux audio

Ralf Mardorf
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:41:01 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>Are you sure you want to go with AMD? I ran them for years, but my
>latest computers are running Intel and I think they are more worry
>free. Not sure of course. And it really does "depend" in the end.

Hi,

In the last 3 month I bought a Focusrite 18i20, a 240 GB SSD and a few
other things, more or less just for fun, while being chronically
jobless. Instead of "the few other things", I should have spend the
money for a new computer, but I hoped that my computer still is fit
enough. IOW the question isn't what I actually want, but what I'm able
to pay for, without doing a bank robbery.

At the moment I tend to order

CPU

https://www.reichelt.de/Processors-AMD/AMD-A4-7300/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=6108&ARTICLE=148724&OFFSET=16&SID=96WKHx-6wQATcAACJQPws63d7c194437a1deb9681d1ab907a0a41&LANGUAGE=EN

+

Mobo

https://www.reichelt.de/Motherboards-AMD/GA-F2A88XM-HD3/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=6132&ARTICLE=142518&OFFSET=16&SID=96WKHx-6wQATcAACJQPws63d7c194437a1deb9681d1ab907a0a41&LANGUAGE=EN

+

RAM

https://www.reichelt.de/DDR3-Single-Modules/30IT0416-1011/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=7335&ARTICLE=182757&OFFSET=16&SID=96WKHx-6wQATcAACJQPws63d7c194437a1deb9681d1ab907a0a41&LANGUAGE=EN

+

PSU

https://www.reichelt.de/PC-Netzteile-Standard/XILENCE-XN044/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=5015&ARTICLE=151039&OFFSET=16&SID=96WKHx-6wQATcAACJQPws63d7c194437a1deb9681d1ab907a0a41&LANGUAGE=EN

I might order something else, but I can't pay even 2 Cents more. Intel seems to be much more expensive, at least if the mobo should provide one PS/2 socket and one or two PCI slots. My RME card is a PCIe, but I need an additional MIDI interface and don't want to use an USB interface. Since one of my Terratec PCI cards still works, I'll use this one.

Bob van der Poel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you sure you want to go with AMD? I ran them for years, but my latest
> computers are running Intel and I think they are more worry free. Not sure
> of course. And it really does "depend" in the end.

Personally, I'm waiting for another month or so before upgrading. The new AMD
Ryzen looks very interesting.

Re: Motherboard for Linux audio

michael noble-2

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
The new AMD
Ryzen looks very interesting.

Agreed on this one. If the new chips perform anywhere even close to the levels indicated by early benchmarks, they will be hard to beat in terms of performance vs price.

Re: Motherboard for Linux audio

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:41:01 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>Are you sure you want to go with AMD? I ran them for years, but my
>latest computers are running Intel and I think they are more worry
>free. Not sure of course. And it really does "depend" in the end.

Hi,

I ordered Intel :).

A Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H and an Intel Celeron Dual-Core G1840.

Regards,
Ralf