Motu 1248 firmware

Moshe Werner
Hi All!

So some time has passed since this topic last came up, there is some new firmware for the Motu 1248.
I'm still using version 1.2.8+1178, as this is the last version that didn't break my setup (xruns, channel shifting etc).
Did anyone try the recent firmware update?
How did it go?

Cheers
Moshe

Re: Motu 1248 firmware

David W. Jones
On 10/3/19 8:53 PM, Moshe Werner wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> So some time has passed since this topic last came up, there is some new
> firmware for the Motu 1248.
> I'm still using version 1.2.8+1178, as this is the last version that
> didn't break my setup (xruns, channel shifting etc).
> Did anyone try the recent firmware update?
> How did it go?
>
> Cheers
> Moshe

Hello!

Having no such piece of equipment around, I can only say here's their
changelog:

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/firmwarechangelog

Question - can you 'update' to an older fimware on Motu interfaces? If
so, maybe try newer ones and see if they work?

Re: Motu 1248 firmware

Moshe Werner
Hi David,

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 10:24 AM david <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

Having no such piece of equipment around, I can only say here's their
changelog:

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/firmwarechangelog

Thanks, I saw that actually. But it doesn't mention Linux compatibility...

Question - can you 'update' to an older firmware on Motu interfaces? If
so, maybe try newer ones and see if they work?
That is actually something I did, I downgraded to the last working version after an update broke my system.
But now I'm a little afraid that it could stop working, it happened to me with other pieces of hardware (not linux related) that after a specific update I could not downgrade anymore.

Thanks!

Moshe