[Music] A Little Ride

Dave Phillips
Greetings,

A short demo :

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/a-little-ride

Best,

dp

Re: [Music] A Little Ride

Will Godfrey
On Sat, 6 May 2017 07:00:11 -0400
Dave Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A short demo :
>
> https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/a-little-ride
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Cheerful little thing :)

Re: [Music] A Little Ride

May 6 2017, Dave Phillips has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/a-little-ride
Hi Dave,
a demo of what? the synth sounds good and I happen to like the
pattern and harmonies that you used. The only sound I didn't get along
with was the bass drum. The transient sounds a little flat and I suspect
it could get more of a bottom end. It all sounds rather analogue, though
I suppose it's all in software. Is that perhaps the new U-HE? Are you
considering taking this as a basis for a more finished and fullsome
song? I'd love that. :)

Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to hear what you come up
with.

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: [Music] A Little Ride

Dave Phillips
Hey Jeanette,

On 05/06/2017 12:53 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:

> a demo of what? the synth sounds good and I happen to like the
> pattern and harmonies that you used. The only sound I didn't get along
> with was the bass drum. The transient sounds a little flat and I suspect
> it could get more of a bottom end. It all sounds rather analogue, though
> I suppose it's all in software.

Most of the piece is made with presets from the Synthmaster Player VST
plugin (emulated), the bass drum, hihat, and snare are all presets from
the TAL Noisemaker VST (native Linux).

> Is that perhaps the new U-HE?

No u-he synths here this time. :)

> Are you
> considering taking this as a basis for a more finished and fullsome
> song? I'd love that. :)

One never knows.

> Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to hear what you come up
> with.

Thanks, J, and ditto. My apologies to you - and to all the other music
posters on LAU - for failing to comment on your recent music. I do try
to listen to everything that gets posted, there is some very fine music
being put up here these days, but my time for commentary is nowhere near
what it used to be. :(

Best regards,

dp

Re: [Music] A Little Ride

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
On Sat, 6 May 2017 18:53:52 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is that perhaps the new U-HE?

Repro-5 will be available soon, not yet.  I'm certainly looking forward
for it and the offer u-he will make to existing Repro-1 owners.
There's also a Zebra2 update that's coming by.

Cheers.

Re: [Music] A Little Ride

Jeanette C.
May 7 2017, jonetsu has written:
> There's also a Zebra2 update that's coming by.
But that will mostly be a UI update in preparation for Zebra-3. I didn't
really understand the finer points, but I think it's mainly to do with
graphics for envelope generators and some basic widget design. Still, it
might positively influence the workflow. I'm sure you and a few others
will show us what we can expect of Zebra-3 and Repro-5. :)

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: [Music] A Little Ride

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
On Mon, 8 May 2017 00:46:30 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> May 7 2017, jonetsu has written:
> > There's also a Zebra2 update that's coming by.
> But that will mostly be a UI update in preparation for Zebra-3.

Yes, mostly cosmetic.  There's a wave folder effect that will be added
and that seems about it.

> I'm sure you and a few others will show us what we can expect of
> Zebra-3 and Repro-5. :)

Zebra3 seems to be still in the distance.  I look forward for Repro-5
though.  u-he had a drum modelling project going on last year, showing
some sounds at the Superbooth 2016 but it looks like there won't be
anything available for a while as there's still some research to be
done.  I find Pianoteq piano modelling simply awesome, I can imagine
what drums/percussions could sound like using a modelling approach.

Cheers.