[Music] An orchestral waltz

Jeanette C.
Hey ey,
La Parisienne:
https://youtu.be/jO4MN9GiO5o
Almost entirely recorded with the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, the free SFZ
orchestral library. Only some lead lines and the tuba were doubled with an
analogue sound each to slightly emphasize them. The whole piece was then
reverberated with jconvolver.

Stylistically, it mixes the romantic waltz with 60s dance orchestral passages.
There is even a short quotation from something popular. :)

Feedback as ever is welcome.

Note about the youtube description: I know that something went wrong there,
with the first five words being at the end. Right now I am quite frustrated
with the web experience of such services. YT is acceptable - mostly -, SC
bringing pure terror. :(

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I know you're out there and I know that you still care <3

Re: [Music] An orchestral waltz

Will Godfrey
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:16:21 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hey ey,
>La Parisienne:
>https://youtu.be/jO4MN9GiO5o
>Almost entirely recorded with the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, the free SFZ
>orchestral library. Only some lead lines and the tuba were doubled with an
>analogue sound each to slightly emphasize them. The whole piece was then
>reverberated with jconvolver.
>
>Stylistically, it mixes the romantic waltz with 60s dance orchestral passages.
>There is even a short quotation from something popular. :)
>
>Feedback as ever is welcome.
>
>Note about the youtube description: I know that something went wrong there,
>with the first five words being at the end. Right now I am quite frustrated
>with the web experience of such services. YT is acceptable - mostly -, SC
>bringing pure terror. :(
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Jeanette

I think you've done an excellent job with this, and that's pretty stunning for
a free orchestra.

Oh, and SC is pretty dire for those of us with no sight issues at all. It used
to be a lot better at one time :(

Re: [Music] An orchestral waltz

Jeanette C.
May 3 2020, Will Godfrey has written:
> I think you've done an excellent job with this, and that's pretty stunning for
> a free orchestra.
Thank you!

> Oh, and SC is pretty dire for those of us with no sight issues at all. It used
> to be a lot better at one time :(
I'm glad to hear that it's not just me. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanny

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

... About some useless information,