[Music] Cloud burst / Sheirgong (solo piano)

[Music] Cloud burst / Sheirgong (solo piano)

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
I've just uploaded a new piano piece.
http://juliencoder.de/nama/cloud_burst.mp3
http://juliencoder.de/nama/cloud_burst.ogg

It all began with a simple chord of stacked quints and continued by the means
of "what could come next?". The opening section is now rather dark and
dissonant, but it evolves into a dreamy little piece.

I used Fons' Zita-verb LADSPA plugin and some compression and limiting, since
that was suggested to me a couple of times now. I tried to keep it all very
natural and still dynamic enough to capture the original spirit of the song.

Enjoy and let me know, what you think, if anything. :)

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: [Music] Cloud burst / Sheirgong (solo piano)

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:01:04 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://juliencoder.de/nama/cloud_burst.mp3
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/cloud_burst.ogg

I missed the previous piece you have posted and I know I missed
it because I kept a mental note to listen to it.  Things are so
busy theses days in a non-musical way.  So when I saw 'cloud
burst' I thought I have to listen to it now and not put it for
later.

It's a piece that goes here and there, obviuosly, although on a
second listen a coherence that was sketched previously near the
end starts to take form from the beginning.  This might just be a
natural reflex.

The uncertainty to which spontaneously a warmth shines upon, this
back and forth between the undefined and the recomforting.  Is
the expression of darker things a preamble to light ?

This could very well be a piece that could gain a lot, while
preserving the intent, in adding subtle colours.  If you want to
share the MIDI file maybe one day I could add to it.

Maybe I'm more unbalanced but I would have make the 'light' more
lyrical, more emphasis.  From the darkeness to light and beyond !
No, not so much, but something engaging the listener a bit more
deeply to the importance of warmth.  But then, it would not be so
much zen :)

All in all, a very good piece as is, one that I will keep.  That's it,
you now have your musical section here :)

Cheers.

Re: [Music] Cloud burst / Sheirgong (solo piano)

Jeanette C.
Jun 10 2017, jonetsu has written:
Hey hey,
first of all, thanks for your very detailed and thoughtful critique. I'm
grateful to have deserved so many words for a short piece.
> If you want to
> share the MIDI file maybe one day I could add to it.
There is no MIDI, it was played straight to audio. One go, and that was
it.

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: [Music] Cloud burst / Sheirgong (solo piano)

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:01:04 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey hey,
> I've just uploaded a new piano piece.
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/cloud_burst.mp3
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/cloud_burst.ogg
>
> It all began with a simple chord of stacked quints and continued by the means
> of "what could come next?". The opening section is now rather dark and
> dissonant, but it evolves into a dreamy little piece.
>
> I used Fons' Zita-verb LADSPA plugin and some compression and limiting, since
> that was suggested to me a couple of times now. I tried to keep it all very
> natural and still dynamic enough to capture the original spirit of the song.
>
> Enjoy and let me know, what you think, if anything. :)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Once again, late to the party :(
However... A truly excellent and dynamic performance.

Re: [Music] Cloud burst / Sheirgong (solo piano)

Jeanette C.
Jun 14 2017, Will Godfrey has written:
> However... A truly excellent and dynamic performance.
Thank you, Will. As for the late reply, we don't work to a schedule
here. :)

Bye bye,

Jeanny

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3