[Music] Smooth, soothing: test-jam112

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
Hello,

Long time no music out there.  While mixing something else I came
across a thread on Linux Musicians about collaboration, with a new
branch of the forum being created: Virtual Music Projects.  So I
picked a project almost purely by coincidence and submitted it for
collaboration that is, if anyone is interested.  It's also very fine if
no-one is.  And so as such, I thought of sharing it here also - any
comments welcomed.

'test-jam112' is an improvisation. The purpose is only to give an
overview of what it could be.  It's barely mixed.  The context is
smooth, perhaps even ambient, with acoustic guitars and long synths.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/test-jam112

Cheers.

Re: [Music] Smooth, soothing: test-jam112

Jeanette C.
Jul 4 2017, jonetsu has written:
> 'test-jam112' is an improvisation. The purpose is only to give an
> overview of what it could be.  It's barely mixed.  The context is
> smooth, perhaps even ambient, with acoustic guitars and long synths.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/test-jam112
Hi,
having listened to the piece before actually reading this mail, I was a
little surprised by a few incidents, which aren't you style. The guitar
sounds a little off-key sometimes and could probably have been a bit
more on the dot. But as a starting point for a collaboration, this is
really nice. I like the harmonies and the atmosphere created by the
existing arrangement.

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

I believe
We all have one true love
Somewhere in this world <3

Re: [Music] Smooth, soothing: test-jam112

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 21:34:56 -0400
jonetsu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Long time no music out there.  While mixing something else I came
> across a thread on Linux Musicians about collaboration, with a new
> branch of the forum being created: Virtual Music Projects.  So I
> picked a project almost purely by coincidence and submitted it for
> collaboration that is, if anyone is interested.  It's also very fine if
> no-one is.  And so as such, I thought of sharing it here also - any
> comments welcomed.
>
> 'test-jam112' is an improvisation. The purpose is only to give an
> overview of what it could be.  It's barely mixed.  The context is
> smooth, perhaps even ambient, with acoustic guitars and long synths.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/test-jam112
>
> Cheers.

Finally had time to listen to this (been at the New Forst Folk Festival last
week)
Very nice improv ... picture suits too :)

Re: [Music] Smooth, soothing: test-jam112

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 20:38:39 +0100
Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Finally had time to listen to this (been at the New Forst Folk
> Festival last week)
> Very nice improv ... picture suits too :)

Thanks Will.  Nice to know I did not scare you away with this one :)

(Watch out for the next one, though !)

Cheers.

Re: [Music] Smooth, soothing: test-jam112 - Fretless Bass Mix

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
Hello,

> Long time no music out there.  While mixing something else I came
> across a thread on Linux Musicians about collaboration, with a new
> branch of the forum being created: Virtual Music Projects.  So I
> picked a project almost purely by coincidence and submitted it for
> collaboration that is, if anyone is interested.  It's also very fine
> if no-one is.  And so as such, I thought of sharing it here also - any
> comments welcomed.
>
> 'test-jam112' is an improvisation. The purpose is only to give an
> overview of what it could be.  It's barely mixed.  The context is
> smooth, perhaps even ambient, with acoustic guitars and long synths.

And there is now a Fretless Bass Mix, with fretless bass contributed by
wjl (Wolfgang) from Linux Musicians.  The fretless bass adds a lot of
character to the piece.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam112-fretlessbassmix

Cheers.

Re: [Music] Smooth, soothing: test-jam112 - Fretless Bass Mix

Will Godfrey
On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 05:39:26 -0400
jonetsu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Long time no music out there.  While mixing something else I came
> > across a thread on Linux Musicians about collaboration, with a new
> > branch of the forum being created: Virtual Music Projects.  So I
> > picked a project almost purely by coincidence and submitted it for
> > collaboration that is, if anyone is interested.  It's also very fine
> > if no-one is.  And so as such, I thought of sharing it here also - any
> > comments welcomed.
> >
> > 'test-jam112' is an improvisation. The purpose is only to give an
> > overview of what it could be.  It's barely mixed.  The context is
> > smooth, perhaps even ambient, with acoustic guitars and long synths.
>
> And there is now a Fretless Bass Mix, with fretless bass contributed by
> wjl (Wolfgang) from Linux Musicians.  The fretless bass adds a lot of
> character to the piece.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam112-fretlessbassmix
>
> Cheers.

Does indeed. very nice smooth sound.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.