New behaviors of jackd, jackdbus, qjackctl, cadence?

New behaviors of jackd, jackdbus, qjackctl, cadence?

Jonathan Brickman
In the current rebuild of my BNR ( http://lsn.ponderworthy.com ), I noticed that I could not get qjackctl to cooperate with jackdbus, though traditional manual startup seems to work very well.  The Arch wiki said that qjackctl is becoming outmoded, and recommended 'cadence', part of the KXStudio toolset, instead; cadence cooperates with dbus better, but doesn't autostart, and I'm missing something in the compilation which will ungray the patchbay autoarrange.  Anyone have corroboration and/or new best practices?  I am using Manjaro, but saw the same behavior when I tested Debian Stable and Testing.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@...   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3s now available!

Re: New behaviors of jackd, jackdbus, qjackctl, cadence?

Chris Caudle
On Mon, August 21, 2017 9:11 pm, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> noticed that I could not get qjackctl to cooperate with jackdbus

Perhaps the default changed in the build you are using.  In the newer
builds of qjackctl look in the "Misc" tab and see if "Enable JACK D-Bus
interface" is selected.  Check the documentation to be sure, but I think
the "Enable D-Bus interface" selection means d-bus control of qjackctl,
and "Enable JACK D-Bus interface" means use jackdbus instead of jackd.

--
Chris Caudle