New song "Flying Fool"

Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong
Hi all,

This is a new song I recorded recently. It is Made with Ardour and
Blender. Ardour even has a cameo in the video. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERMqverQWM

Hope you like it. :-)

Dennis

Re: New song "Flying Fool"

Will Godfrey
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 21:30:44 +0200
Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a new song I recorded recently. It is Made with Ardour and
> Blender. Ardour even has a cameo in the video. :-)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERMqverQWM
>
> Hope you like it. :-)
>
> Dennis

Lovely smooth song. It's always nice to hear (and see) something played rather
than programmed. Good work with the vid. too.

Re: New song "Flying Fool"

Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:39:48 +0100
Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lovely smooth song. It's always nice to hear (and see) something
> played rather than programmed. Good work with the vid. too.

Thanks for the kind words.

Dennis

Re: New song "Flying Fool"

David Jones
On 06/25/2017 09:30 AM, Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a new song I recorded recently. It is Made with Ardour and
> Blender. Ardour even has a cameo in the video. :-)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERMqverQWM
>
> Hope you like it. :-)
>
> Dennis

Nice, easy-listening instrumental. I like that. A couple of times I
thought that adding a woodwind solo would have made it even better.

I really like your studio setup. How many different keyboards do you
have there?

Finally, what was that widescreen device you have Ardour on? Is that
just a monitor or one of the all-in-one computers?

Re: New song "Flying Fool"

Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong
Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 22:15:21 -1000
david <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nice, easy-listening instrumental. I like that.

Thanks. Glad you like it.

> A couple of times I  thought that adding a woodwind solo would have
> made it even better.

Hell, yes. :-) So if there are any players here (not only woodwind) I'd
be more than happy to collaborate on a song. Let's just come together
and see what we can do.

> How many different keyboards do you have there?

I think I lost track a few years ago. :-) Haha, seriously it's eight
keyboards and a few sound modules and effects in a large Audio/MIDI
rig. That's why I keep plaguing the MusE devs with MIDI-related
things from time to time.

> Finally, what was that widescreen device you have Ardour on? Is that
> just a monitor or one of the all-in-one computers?

That's just a touchscreen connected to a fanless computer below the
desk. The idea was to control the Ardour mixer with the touchscreen.
Technically this works but I find myself not using the touchscreen at
all most of the time.

Dennis

Re: New song "Flying Fool"

Tim-2
@ 2:00 Wow, The Invisible Man moonlighting as page turner !
Wait, I know, you trained some fleas !
Great looking studio. Looks like a lot of fun. Is that Ardour running?
Got my eyes on those guitars in the background.
Looks like two Strats and a Gibson?

Cheers Dennis!
Tim.

On 06/25/2017 03:30 PM, Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a new song I recorded recently. It is Made with Ardour and
> Blender. Ardour even has a cameo in the video. :-)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERMqverQWM
>
> Hope you like it. :-)
>
> Dennis

Re: New song "Flying Fool"

Dennis Schulmeister-Zimolong
Hi Tim,

> @ 2:00 Wow, The Invisible Man moonlighting as page turner !
> Wait, I know, you trained some fleas !

Yeah, I had to stick with fleas because fairies would have been too
large for the video. :D

> Is that Ardour running?

Yep.

> Got my eyes on those guitars in the background.
> Looks like two Strats and a Gibson?

Well spotted. Though I have only very basic guitar skills. One of the
reasons why I picked up the bass, besides that I just like it as an
instrument.

Dennis