[OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

[OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like to create
systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By systematic I mean, not
pictures, but more like colour effects. Evolving shapes, colour changes. Is
there a tool to achieve this on the Linux commandline?

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

We still move to a rhythm just like this
We still dream of sharing our first kiss <3

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

temps
Hello,
Look here, images and sounds are generated with imagination

http://www.letime.net/lecjo/wiki/

Hey hey,
this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like to create systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By systematic I mean, not pictures, but more like colour effects. Evolving shapes, colour changes. Is there a tool to achieve this on the Linux commandline?

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

We still move to a rhythm just like this
We still dream of sharing our first kiss <3

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Jeanette C.
Jul 11 2017, pierre jocelyn andre has written:

> Hello,
> Look here, images and sounds are generated with imagination
> http://www.letime.net/lecjo/wiki/
Hey hey Pierre,
thanks for the tip, but it looks like this is a Javascript based web
application, which I can't use under Linux and - most likely - even not
under mac. It does sound like fun though.

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Open my eyes,
I look deep inside,
I run away... <3

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Lorenzo Sutton
Hi Jeanette,

On 11/07/17 16:56, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like to
> create systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By systematic
> I mean, not pictures, but more like colour effects. Evolving shapes,
> colour changes. Is there a tool to achieve this on the Linux commandline?

Have you considered ImageMagick, an image 'swiss knife'  which can
convert and manipulates images but can also do stuff in terms of  image
generation? (And if you consider video as a sequence of images, it could
come in handy). Here is a page with some 'generation' snipplets:

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/canvas/

Hope this might help.
Lorenzo

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Jeanette C.
Jul 11 2017, Lorenzo Sutton has written:
> Have you considered ImageMagick, an image 'swiss knife'  which can convert
> and manipulates images but can also do stuff in terms of  image generation?
It was at the very back of my mind, but I had no idea that it could be
so powerful! Thank you. It does look like hard work, but it does look
like a manageable task.
> (And if you consider video as a sequence of images, it could come in handy).
> Here is a page with some 'generation' snipplets:
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/canvas/

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Open my eyes,
I look deep inside,
I run away... <3

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Dominique Michel-3
Le Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:56:02 +0200 (CEST),
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hey hey,
> this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like
> to create systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By
> systematic I mean, not pictures, but more like colour effects.
> Evolving shapes, colour changes. Is there a tool to achieve this on
> the Linux commandline?

Hi,

For images, POV-Ray maybe?

Cheers,
Dominique

> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --------
> * website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
> * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>
> We still move to a rhythm just like this
> We still dream of sharing our first kiss <3
> (Britney Spears)

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

David Jones

On Jul 11, 2017 13:25, Dominique Michel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:56:02 +0200 (CEST),
> "Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Hey hey,
> > this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like
> > to create systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By
> > systematic I mean, not pictures, but more like colour effects.
> > Evolving shapes, colour changes. Is there a tool to achieve this on
> > the Linux commandline?
>
> Hi,
>
> For images, POV-Ray maybe?
>
> Cheers,
> Dominique

I've always wondered if you could record screensaver images.

Or the images generated by music player visualization plugins.

Not sure if either could be done from command line, though.

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Benoît Rouits
Le 11/07/2017 à 16:56, Jeanette C. a écrit :

> Hey hey,
> this doesn't belong here, but probably nowhere else really. I'd like to
> create systematic images/a short video on the commandline. By systematic
> I mean, not pictures, but more like colour effects. Evolving shapes,
> colour changes. Is there a tool to achieve this on the Linux commandline?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Hello Jeanette,
Maybe you can contact privately Nicholas Rougeux who is the visual
artist for the openscore project.

I don't have his email, but he has a twitter profile.

HTH,
 Benoît

Re: [OT] Creating images/videos on the commandline

Dominique Michel-3
Le Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:44:48 -1000,
David Jones <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I've always wondered if you could record screensaver images.

I have no idea.

> Or the images generated by music player visualization plugins.

recordmydesktop should do that in video format. You can use ffmpg
afterwards.

fvwm-crystal use import to take screenshots. import can take pictures
of windows (even the root one) or of window's areas.

Cheers,
Dominique