Re: [LAA] [LAD] Guitarix 0.35.4 released

Re: [LAA] [LAD] Guitarix 0.35.4 released

David Baron-2
Seems nearly impossible to download anything from SourceForge

> Guitarix release 0.35.4
>
> Guitarix is a tube amplifier simulation for
> jack (Linux), with an additional mono and a stereo effect rack.
> Guitarix includes a large list of LV2 and LADSPA plugins, and support
> LADSPA / LV2 plugs as well in it's racks.
>
> The guitarix engine is designed for LIVE usage, and feature ultra fast,
> glitch and click free preset switching and is full Midi and remote
> controllable (the Web UI is not included in the distributed tar ball).
>
> This release removes the dependency to webkitgtk-1.0, which is
> deprecated in most distributions those day's.
>
> Instead the old Preset Web Browser, Guitarix use now Gio::File to fill
> the new Online Preset Menu were you could inform you about the presets
> and select them for downloading from
>
> https://musical-artifacts.com/
>
> Thanks to lfzawacki (Lucas) for develop and provide the json API for
> this excellent service side.
>
> https://github.com/lfzawacki/musical-artifacts
>
> Refer to our project page for more information:
> http://guitarix.org
>
> Download Site:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/
>
> Forum:
> http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/forum/
>
> Consider visiting our forum or leaving a message on
> [hidden email]
>
> regards
> hermann

Re: [LAA] [LAD] Guitarix 0.35.4 released

Hermann Meyer
Hi

I just checked it, slow here as well , but works at least.

Am 06.07.2017 um 16:19 schrieb David Baron:
> Seems nearly impossible to download anything from SourceForge
>
>> Guitarix release 0.35.4

Re: [LAA] [LAD] Guitarix 0.35.4 released

Hermann Meyer

And now, finally the first time, a guitarix binary installer.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/files/guitarix/guitarix2-amd-gcc5.run/download

This one is made for binary-compatibility with Mixbus and Ardour5.
This one is for all distributions based on gcc5 or higher.
This one is for X86 based CPU's.

You'll better uninstall any previous guitarix installation before using
this installer.
To install guitarix and it's LV2 plugins, just download the installer,
cd to the download folder and run

|sudo ./guitarix2-amd-gcc5.run|

If you've any trouble with it, let me know please.
However, you could uninstall it by running

|sudo ./guitarix2-amd-gcc5.run -- uninstall|

regards
hermann

http://guitarix.org

Am 07.07.2017 um 13:47 schrieb Hermann Meyer:

> And now, finally the first time, a guitarix binary installer.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/files/guitarix/guitarix2-amd-gcc5.run/download
>

> This one is made for binary-compatibility with Mixbus and Ardour5.
> This one is for all distributions based on gcc5 or higher.
> This one is for X86 based CPU's.
>
> You'll better uninstall any previous guitarix installation before
> using this installer.
> To install guitarix and it's LV2 plugins, just download the installer,
> cd to the download folder and run
>
> |sudo ./guitarix2-amd-gcc5.run|
>

> If you've any trouble with it, let me know please.
> However, you could uninstall it by running
>
> |sudo ./guitarix2-amd-gcc5.run -- uninstall|
>

> regards
> hermann
>
> http://guitarix.org

and now, on request, the same for the GxPlugins, here is the
Mixbus/Ardour5 compatible binary installer.
https://github.com/brummer10/GxPlugins. ... d-gcc5.run
<https://github.com/brummer10/GxPlugins.lv2/releases/download/v0.3/GxPlugins-amd-gcc5.run>

Adapt the same rules then for the above guitarix installer.

enjoy.