Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

12

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Albert Graef-2
Also, if you go to http://lac2017.univ-st-etienne.fr/, there's a link "Registration" there. As usual, attendance of the conference is free, but the organizers kindly ask you to register if you're planning to attend (if you haven't already done so).

I guess that quite a few of us will already be there Wednesday night. Would anyone here be interested in meeting for a preconf dinner?

Albert

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Laurent Pottier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Friends,

The LAC2017 program is now available online:

   http://musinf.univ-st-etienne.fr/lac2017/lacProgramGB.html

We are looking forward to meeting you during LAC2017 in Saint-Etienne.

Best Regards,
lac2017 team

http://lac2017.univ-st-etienne.fr/

Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  [hidden email]
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Rui Nuno Capela
On 05/02/2017 09:57 AM, Albert Graef wrote:
> Also, if you go to http://lac2017.univ-st-etienne.fr/, there's a link
> "Registration" there. As usual, attendance of the conference is free,
> but the organizers kindly ask you to register if you're planning to
> attend (if you haven't already done so).
>
> I guess that quite a few of us will already be there Wednesday night.
> Would anyone here be interested in meeting for a preconf dinner?

why not?

though the traditional/proverbial pre-LAC *pizza* dining might not be
the thing i'm after when in France inland (take note Albert:))

if all goes well i'll be landing on LYS on late afternoon and crash on
St.Etienne just about when Wednesday evening starts, so count me in

cheers (or is it santé?)
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 10:57:19AM +0200, Albert Graef wrote:

> I guess that quite a few of us will already be there Wednesday night. Would
> anyone here be interested in meeting for a preconf dinner?

Yes ! I'll arrive at LFLL (LYS) wednesday at 15:50 and should be in
St-Etienne before 18:00. Staying at the Résidence Jules Ferre (near
the Univ).

Ciao,

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <[hidden email]> wrote:
though the traditional/proverbial pre-LAC *pizza* dining might not be
the thing i'm after when in France inland (take note Albert:))

I'm sure that Laurent and Yann will have some ideas about that. :) I just wanted to kick off a quick show of hands, so that they can select a suitable restaurant and reserve a table there.

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 06:28:43PM +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> though the traditional/proverbial pre-LAC *pizza* dining might not be
> the thing i'm after when in France inland (take note Albert:))

Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:

  <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com>

which is the kind I food I like !

Ciao,

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fons Adriaensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:

  <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com>

Looks good to me, and not far from the university.

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  [hidden email]
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Robin Gareus
On 05/02/2017 08:58 PM, Albert Graef wrote:

> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fons Adriaensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
>> Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:
>>
>>   <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com>
>>

> Looks good to me, and not far from the university.

Lebanese is great. Count me in. ~19h?!

looking forward,
robin

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

On Tue, 2 May 2017 20:58:08 +0200
Albert Graef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fons Adriaensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
> > Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:
> >
> >   <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com>
> >

> Looks good to me, and not far from the university.

Knowing little about food or French, I'll be happy to go with the majority, and
be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised by both :)

Will.

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Rui Nuno Capela
> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
>     Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
>     Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:
>
>       <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com

uh... i *do* like some _foie gras_ now and then on bread-toasts... (yes,
i know, poor ducks, goose, whatever:/)

yes, libanese ftw.

let's go

santé!
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Albert Graef-2
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, libanese ftw.

According to Laurent, the food is good there but the place is rather small, so we might have to reconsider if more people want to chime in. So please let us know by posting to this thread if you plan to join us, so that we have a good estimate of how many people we'll be.

Also, any students who want to join us? The Byblos isn't exactly on the cheap side, the mezze is some 18€ per person, so that's something to take into consideration as well.

That said, I'd really like to try that one. :)

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  [hidden email]
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Simon van der Veldt
Well, this will be my first LAC, so I'm pretty new to all of this, but I'd very much like to join if that's OK.
As long as they have something vegetarian that's half way decent I'll be fine :)

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Simon

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Albert Graef <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, libanese ftw.

According to Laurent, the food is good there but the place is rather small, so we might have to reconsider if more people want to chime in. So please let us know by posting to this thread if you plan to join us, so that we have a good estimate of how many people we'll be.

Also, any students who want to join us? The Byblos isn't exactly on the cheap side, the mezze is some 18€ per person, so that's something to take into consideration as well.

That said, I'd really like to try that one. :)

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  [hidden email]
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

Harry van Haaren

On 3 May 2017 22:53, "Simon van der Veldt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, this will be my first LAC, so I'm pretty new to all of this, but I'd very much like to join if that's OK.
As long as they have something vegetarian that's half way decent I'll be fine :)

+1 I'm in for pre-conf dinner!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Same, some new faces and a few from before :)

See yee there! -Harry

Simon

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Albert Graef <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, libanese ftw.

According to Laurent, the food is good there but the place is rather small, so we might have to reconsider if more people want to chime in. So please let us know by posting to this thread if you plan to join us, so that we have a good estimate of how many people we'll be.

Also, any students who want to join us? The Byblos isn't exactly on the cheap side, the mezze is some 18€ per person, so that's something to take into consideration as well.

That said, I'd really like to try that one. :)

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  [hidden email]
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne

On Tue, 2 May 2017 20:58:08 +0200
Albert Graef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fons Adriaensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
> > Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:
> >
> >   <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com>
> >

> Looks good to me, and not far from the university.

Is this now decided?
What sort of time to start?
Anyone booking a table... or three? :)

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne - Wednesday evening

Laurent Pottier
Hello Will,

I have booked a table for 15-20 people at "le GRILLON », french food, at 08:00 pm.

Le Grillon
48, Rue Gambetta, 42000 Saint Etienne
04 77 37 80 40

Cheers

Laurent

> Le 12 mai 2017 à 19:10, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On Tue, 2 May 2017 20:58:08 +0200
> Albert Graef <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Fons Adriaensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Doesn't need to be pizza, but please no *foie gras* for me :-)
>>> Looking at the list of restaurants I noticed this:
>>>
>>>  <http://www.restaurantlebyblos.com>
>>>

>> Looks good to me, and not far from the university.
>
> Is this now decided?
> What sort of time to start?
> Anyone booking a table... or three? :)

Université Jean Monnet
CIEREC - EA3068
35, rue du 11 novembre
42023 Saint-Etienne Cedex 02 - France
port. : +33(0)6 21 66 28 76
tel : +33(0)4 77 42 16 61
fax : +33(0)4 77 42 16 84

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne - Wednesday evening

IOhannes m zmoelnig
On 05/12/2017 07:56 PM, Laurent Pottier wrote:
> I have booked a table for 15-20 people at "le GRILLON », french food, at 08:00 pm.

see you tomorrow (hopefully).

ganrds
IOhannes

Re: LAC 2017 Program - Linux Audio Conference in Saint-Etienne - Wednesday evening

Will Godfrey
On Tue, 16 May 2017 21:28:50 +0200
IOhannes m zmölnig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05/12/2017 07:56 PM, Laurent Pottier wrote:
> > I have booked a table for 15-20 people at "le GRILLON », french food, at 08:00 pm.
>
> see you tomorrow (hopefully).
>
> ganrds
> IOhannes

And I shall make sure I arrive hungry :)

LAC2017 Photos

Rui Nuno Capela
hello

all the traditionally lousy photos as taken by me during the
[hidden email], all unedited, no exceptions:)

  http://www.rncbc.org/lac2017

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela

Re: LAC2017 Photos

Bent Bisballe Nyeng
The Rui never fails to deliver!
Thanks for sharing :-)

On 05/23/17 15:02, Albert Graef wrote:

> Nice snapshots, Rui, as always. :) Thanks!!
>
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Rui Nuno Capela <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     hello
>

>     all the traditionally lousy photos as taken by me during the
>     [hidden email], all unedited, no exceptions:)
>
>       http://www.rncbc.org/lac2017
>
>     cheers
>     --
>     rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela

> Dr. Albert Gr"af
> Computer Music Research Group, JGU Mainz, Germany
> Email:  [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef

Re: LAC2017 Photos

Marc Groenewegen-2
Thanks for the lousy photos Rui! ;-) They're a great overview, as always.

Marc

12