Re: spectmorph-0.3.3

Zlobin Nikita
In Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:32:28 +0200
Stefan Westerfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tried to build (using gentoo). No matter, in ebuild or doing manually
autoreconf, configure, make... it gives these errors:

http://codepad.org/tIdMYE9Z

before to build i checked history in gitweb, but found nothing related
since version bump

> spectmorph-0.3.3 has been released.
>
> Overview of Changes in spectmorph-0.3.3:
> * Added portamento:
>   - VST: support MPE to perform per-voice pitch bend (can be used in
> Bitwig)
>   - new portamento mono mode (all hosts)
> * Added vibrato.
> * Internal improvements:
>   - better property abstraction for (non-linear) UI properties
>   - updated polyphase interpolator (used for vibrato|portamento)
>   - fixed a few problems when developing against spectmorph(ui) libs
>   - don't link against Qt UI library when only QtCore is necessary
> * Compile fixes for g++-6.3
>
> What is SpectMorph?
> -------------------
> SpectMorph is a free software project which allows to analyze samples
> of musical instruments, and to combine them (morphing). It can be
> used to construct hybrid sounds, for instance a sound between a
> trumpet and a flute; or smooth transitions, for instance a sound that
> starts as a trumpet and then gradually changes to a flute.
>
> SpectMorph ships with many ready-to-use instruments which can be
> combined using morphing.
>
> SpectMorph is implemented in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL
> version 3
>
> Integrating SpectMorph into your Work
> -------------------------------------
> In order to make music that contains SpectMorph, you currently need
> to use Linux. There are four ways of integrating SpectMorph sounds
> into music you create:
>
> - LV2 Plugin, for any sequencer that supports it.
> - VST Plugin, especially for proprietary solutions that don't support
> LV2.
> - JACK Client.
> - BEAST Module, integrating into BEASTs modular environment.
>
> Note that at this point, we may still change the way sound synthesis
> works, so newer versions of SpectMorph may sound (slightly) different
> than the current version.
>
> Links:
> ------
> Website:  http://www.spectmorph.org
> Download: http://www.spectmorph.org/downloads/spectmorph-0.3.3.tar.bz2
>
> There are many audio demos on the website, which demonstrate morphing
> between instruments.

Re: spectmorph-0.3.3

Zlobin Nikita
In Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:32:28 +0200
Stefan Westerfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

In addition to previous message:
options --without-lv2 and --with-lv2=no are useless, at the end of
configuration it still reports, that lv2 support is enabled. Might be
same for --without-beast, just don't have necessary version built yet.
(in portage latest is some 0.7.x)

> spectmorph-0.3.3 has been released.
>
> Overview of Changes in spectmorph-0.3.3:
> * Added portamento:
>   - VST: support MPE to perform per-voice pitch bend (can be used in
> Bitwig)
>   - new portamento mono mode (all hosts)
> * Added vibrato.
> * Internal improvements:
>   - better property abstraction for (non-linear) UI properties
>   - updated polyphase interpolator (used for vibrato|portamento)
>   - fixed a few problems when developing against spectmorph(ui) libs
>   - don't link against Qt UI library when only QtCore is necessary
> * Compile fixes for g++-6.3
>
> What is SpectMorph?
> -------------------
> SpectMorph is a free software project which allows to analyze samples
> of musical instruments, and to combine them (morphing). It can be
> used to construct hybrid sounds, for instance a sound between a
> trumpet and a flute; or smooth transitions, for instance a sound that
> starts as a trumpet and then gradually changes to a flute.
>
> SpectMorph ships with many ready-to-use instruments which can be
> combined using morphing.
>
> SpectMorph is implemented in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL
> version 3
>
> Integrating SpectMorph into your Work
> -------------------------------------
> In order to make music that contains SpectMorph, you currently need
> to use Linux. There are four ways of integrating SpectMorph sounds
> into music you create:
>
> - LV2 Plugin, for any sequencer that supports it.
> - VST Plugin, especially for proprietary solutions that don't support
> LV2.
> - JACK Client.
> - BEAST Module, integrating into BEASTs modular environment.
>
> Note that at this point, we may still change the way sound synthesis
> works, so newer versions of SpectMorph may sound (slightly) different
> than the current version.
>
> Links:
> ------
> Website:  http://www.spectmorph.org
> Download: http://www.spectmorph.org/downloads/spectmorph-0.3.3.tar.bz2
>
> There are many audio demos on the website, which demonstrate morphing
> between instruments.

Re: spectmorph-0.3.3

Stefan Westerfeld
   Hi!

Ok, it seems that on your g++, we need an additional #include <cmath> for a few
files. It should work if you apply the attached patch.

Basically, I haven't decided how I want it to work in the next release, so how
SpectMorph interacts with std::fabs, std::sin and so forth may still change,
but at least this should be enough to compile it.

   Cu... Stefan

On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 10:40:06PM +0500, 'Nikita Zlobin' via SpectMorph wrote:

> In Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:32:28 +0200
> Stefan Westerfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Tried to build (using gentoo). No matter, in ebuild or doing manually
> autoreconf, configure, make... it gives these errors:
>
> http://codepad.org/tIdMYE9Z
>
> before to build i checked history in gitweb, but found nothing related
> since version bump
>
> > spectmorph-0.3.3 has been released.
> >
> > Overview of Changes in spectmorph-0.3.3:
> > * Added portamento:
> >   - VST: support MPE to perform per-voice pitch bend (can be used in
> > Bitwig)
> >   - new portamento mono mode (all hosts)
> > * Added vibrato.
> > * Internal improvements:
> >   - better property abstraction for (non-linear) UI properties
> >   - updated polyphase interpolator (used for vibrato|portamento)
> >   - fixed a few problems when developing against spectmorph(ui) libs
> >   - don't link against Qt UI library when only QtCore is necessary
> > * Compile fixes for g++-6.3
> >
> > What is SpectMorph?
> > -------------------
> > SpectMorph is a free software project which allows to analyze samples
> > of musical instruments, and to combine them (morphing). It can be
> > used to construct hybrid sounds, for instance a sound between a
> > trumpet and a flute; or smooth transitions, for instance a sound that
> > starts as a trumpet and then gradually changes to a flute.
> >
> > SpectMorph ships with many ready-to-use instruments which can be
> > combined using morphing.
> >
> > SpectMorph is implemented in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL
> > version 3
> >
> > Integrating SpectMorph into your Work
> > -------------------------------------
> > In order to make music that contains SpectMorph, you currently need
> > to use Linux. There are four ways of integrating SpectMorph sounds
> > into music you create:
> >
> > - LV2 Plugin, for any sequencer that supports it.
> > - VST Plugin, especially for proprietary solutions that don't support
> > LV2.
> > - JACK Client.
> > - BEAST Module, integrating into BEASTs modular environment.
> >
> > Note that at this point, we may still change the way sound synthesis
> > works, so newer versions of SpectMorph may sound (slightly) different
> > than the current version.
> >
> > Links:
> > ------
> > Website:  http://www.spectmorph.org
> > Download: http://www.spectmorph.org/downloads/spectmorph-0.3.3.tar.bz2
> >
> > There are many audio demos on the website, which demonstrate morphing
> > between instruments.

Stefan Westerfeld, http://space.twc.de/~stefan

sm-fix-033.diff (1K) Download Attachment