Linuxaudio.org presents: New Session Manager Version 1.3
New Session Manager (NSM) is a tool to assist music production by
grouping standalone programs into sessions. Your workflow becomes easy
to manage, robust and fast by leveraging the full potential of
It is a community version of the "NON Session Manager" and free in every
sense of the word: free of cost, free to share and use, free of spyware
or ads, free-and-open-source.
You can create a session, or project, add programs to it and then use
commands to save, start/stop, hide/show all programs at once, or
individually. At a later date you can then re-open the session and
continue where you left off.
All files belonging to the session will be saved in the same directory.
New-Session-Manager is already included as binary package in Archlinux
and KXStudio and will eventually replace Non-Session-Manager. You can
find the source release on Github:
* Drop-In replacement for the non-session-manager daemon nsmd and tools
* Simple and hassle-free build system to make packaging easy
* Possibility to react to sensible bug fixes that would not have been
integrated into original nsmd
* Stay upwards and downwards compatible with original nsmd
* Conservative and hesitant in regards to new features and
behaviour-changes, but possible in principle
* Keep the session-manager separate from the other NON* tools Mixer,
Sequencer and Timeline.
* Protect nsmd from vanishing from the internet one day.
* The goal is to become the de-facto standard session manager for Linux
Changes since non-session-manager v1.2 (2017-07-08)
* Rebranding to "new session manager"
* Upstream GUI tools "non-session-manager" and "nsm-proxy" converted to
standard FLTK instead of a custom toolkit
* New message /nsm/gui/session/root raises NSM_API_VERSION_MINOR from 0
to 1 (1.0 -> 1.1)
* Changed build system to meson
* License upgraded to GPLv3
* Simplified file structure
* Fix compiler warnings.
This is a joint release from multiple people under the linuxaudio.org