ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

12

ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Hi there!

ShowQ is a unique cue-player for Linux-Audio-Users. I use it as a core
application for my theater activities.

Even in the linux-community it's not a very well known application,
although there's no other linux-program (I know) if you need a
one-shot-audio-player with features like f.e. programmable fade-in,
fade-out, no matter if you want it time-based or triggered by space (or
another key).

It can do a lot more - ShowQ has MIDI-support. Although I never tested
this feature, it should be possible to control any application with
MIDI-support. QLC(+) f.e. - or maybe some video-players do support MIDI
- I don't know...
Yeah, of course, ShowQ is not a drop in replacement for QLAB, but
speaking about audio it fits quiet perfectly in my setup.

ShowQ is in the Debian (and Ubuntu?) repositories, it's written in C++
and of course released under the terms of the GPL. Although this app is
quiet useful for technicians like me, the development stopped years ago.

I am not a coder, but I do my best to keep this project alive. On the
Debian bug-tracker I write bug-reports for ShowQ, hoping that on one
hand it's useful for other users to work around problems, on the other
hand that someone fixes them.

Last time I reported a bug Jaromír Mikeš the Debian-maintainer of ShowQ
wrote that he is not able to fix the bugs and he would like to kick
ShowQ. Of course, he also would like to package an alternative if there
would be some he could package.
I don't know any - so my linux-based theater setup is about to be killed
one day when ShowQ wouldn't compile on my debian machine, anymore.

So, what do I want from you?
Test ShowQ! Maybe it's the app you've been missing for a long time!
And if you're a coder with C++-skills, check out my bugreports on
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=showq
- maybe you've got the clue...

OR: Got an alternative to ShowQ? You're welcome!

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Ralf Mardorf
On Wed, 13 May 2015 12:12:37 +0200, Michael Jarosch
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> OR: Got an alternative to ShowQ? You're welcome!

Hi Mitsch,

there is Linux Show Player. I never used it, so I don't know if it
provides the needed features.

https://github.com/FrancescoCeruti/linux-show-player
( http://linux-show-player.sourceforge.net/ )

I successfully build various versions of it on an x86_64 Arch Linux, but
again, it was never used.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-show-player/

Regards,
Ralf

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 12:22 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

> there is Linux Show Player. I never used it, so I don't know if it
> provides the needed features.

Sounds good! I guess, it's time to find out... :)

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Edgar Aichinger
Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015, 12:12:37 schrieb Michael Jarosch:

> Hi there!
>
> ShowQ is a unique cue-player for Linux-Audio-Users. I use it as a core
> application for my theater activities.
>
> Even in the linux-community it's not a very well known application,
> although there's no other linux-program (I know) if you need a
> one-shot-audio-player with features like f.e. programmable fade-in,
> fade-out, no matter if you want it time-based or triggered by space (or
> another key).
>
> It can do a lot more - ShowQ has MIDI-support. Although I never tested
> this feature, it should be possible to control any application with
> MIDI-support. QLC(+) f.e. - or maybe some video-players do support MIDI
> - I don't know...
> Yeah, of course, ShowQ is not a drop in replacement for QLAB, but
> speaking about audio it fits quiet perfectly in my setup.
>
> ShowQ is in the Debian (and Ubuntu?) repositories, it's written in C++
> and of course released under the terms of the GPL. Although this app is
> quiet useful for technicians like me, the development stopped years ago.
>
> I am not a coder, but I do my best to keep this project alive. On the
> Debian bug-tracker I write bug-reports for ShowQ, hoping that on one
> hand it's useful for other users to work around problems, on the other
> hand that someone fixes them.
>
> Last time I reported a bug Jaromír Mikeš the Debian-maintainer of ShowQ
> wrote that he is not able to fix the bugs and he would like to kick
> ShowQ. Of course, he also would like to package an alternative if there
> would be some he could package.
> I don't know any - so my linux-based theater setup is about to be killed
> one day when ShowQ wouldn't compile on my debian machine, anymore.
>
> So, what do I want from you?
> Test ShowQ! Maybe it's the app you've been missing for a long time!
> And if you're a coder with C++-skills, check out my bugreports on
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=showq
> - maybe you've got the clue...
I'd be absolutely interested in trying it out! But you didn't provide a download or website link, and google finds nothing (apart from info about a Postfix mail queue viewer) but a page about a linux mint page that links to an orphaned berlios project page...

Edgar

> OR: Got an alternative to ShowQ? You're welcome!
>
> Greets!
> Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 15:00 +0200 schrieb Edgar Aichinger:

> I'd be absolutely interested in trying it out! But you didn't provide a
> download or website link, and google finds nothing (apart from info
> about a Postfix mail queue viewer) but a page about a linux mint page
> that links to an orphaned berlios project page...

It seems to be an exclusive debian thing, now.
I tried to get sources of the latest version from berlios and I also
tried to get in touch with the creator of ShowQ, but no chance. Didn't
even find a e-mail-address in the sources that I finally got from
debian, directly...

So, if you want to test ShowQ and if you're not a user of debian and
it's derivates, use
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/showq
as a startpoint. From there, there are several possibilities to fetch
the sources, incl. git.

And, well, if you're a debian user, use

apt-get install showq

for the binary or

apt-get source showq

for the sources.

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Edgar Aichinger
Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015, 15:21:50 schrieb Michael Jarosch:

> Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 15:00 +0200 schrieb Edgar Aichinger:
>
> > I'd be absolutely interested in trying it out! But you didn't provide a
> > download or website link, and google finds nothing (apart from info
> > about a Postfix mail queue viewer) but a page about a linux mint page
> > that links to an orphaned berlios project page...
>
> It seems to be an exclusive debian thing, now.
> I tried to get sources of the latest version from berlios and I also
> tried to get in touch with the creator of ShowQ, but no chance. Didn't
> even find a e-mail-address in the sources that I finally got from
> debian, directly...
>
> So, if you want to test ShowQ and if you're not a user of debian and
> it's derivates, use
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/showq
> as a startpoint. From there, there are several possibilities to fetch
> the sources, incl. git.
>
> And, well, if you're a debian user, use
>
> apt-get install showq
>
> for the binary or
>
> apt-get source showq
>
> for the sources.

Thanks, I was under the impression this is a new package and you're the author :)

Now I found a launchpad page that allowed me to download the latest git sources as tarball.

Edgar

> Greets!
> Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Neil C Smith-2

On 13 May 2015 11:12, "Michael Jarosch" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> OR: Got an alternative to ShowQ? You're welcome!

Not a direct alternative, in that it's intended more as an alternative to Isadora, but Praxis LIVE can be and has been used for this sort of thing.

www.praxislive.org

Caveat - yes, I'm the lead developer! ;-)

Best wishes,

Neil

Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser
http://neilcsmith.net

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Jostein Chr. Andersen-3
Hi Michael

On 2015-05-13 12:12, Michael Jarosch wrote:

> OR: Got an alternative to ShowQ? You're welcome!

I've tested both ShowQ and Linux Show Player. The great thing about
ShowQ is that it can read and play a single multitrack file and run
trough Jack. The problem here is that I so far, never managed to patch
the channels to one output each to the sound card. Maybe someone here
can explain how to do it? Usually, one will want to use one mono channel
(two if TV channel mix) for the PA and the rest of the channels for one
monitor channel for each musician. I do also like that you can't
accidentally stop a que by hitting the space button. I tested on a 4
channel flac file and wanted one output for each channel.

GUI wise, Linux Show Player is absolutely best - one big usable icon
for each que and an incredible intuitive usage - way to go for a
stressed Show Player chef! But it's audio output seem to be Alsa (and
stereo?) only - even when the Jack plugin is enabled for Gstreamer. I
want full channel control in live gigs with Jack.

So my conclusion so far is: For simple gigs where two channels enougt,
use Linux Show Player.

For bigger gigs, ShowQ is the deal (if the patching works). On my wish
list if somebody starts to develop it again: A plugin insert point!  :-)

Jostein

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 17:03 +0200 schrieb Jostein Chr. Andersen:

> The problem here is that I so far, never managed to patch
> the channels to one output each to the sound card. Maybe someone here
> can explain how to do it?

It took me some time to get behind it, also, but it's quite simple, if
you know, how to do it. (As always :) )

You can create a cue by simply drag and drop an audio file ShowQ
supports (flac, wav and ogg).
Right-klick on the cue and select "Edit".
Use "Wave" to check how many channels your audio-file has.
Use "Patch" to patch the channels. Normally, you would use "Input 1"
connected to "Output 1", "Input 2" connected to "Output 2", and so on...
(You can use up to 8-channel audio-files! If your soundcard supports
more 8 channels (or more) you can f.e. route some output to jack-rack
for realtime-effects or use an extra-ordinary speaker setup to make the
crowd go "wow, this sound comes from behind"...)
Last not least you must use "Levels" to make your sound audible at all!
"-inf" means "silence" - use f.e. -6 dB for testing. I didn't got behind
the buttons "1", "2", "3", and so on on the buttom, but I activate every
channel I changed before pressing "OK".
This should work.

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Jostein Chr. Andersen-3
On 2015-05-13 23:37, Michael Jarosch wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 17:03 +0200 schrieb Jostein Chr.
> Andersen:
>
>> The problem here is that I so far, never managed to patch
>> the channels to one output each to the sound card. Maybe someone
>> here
>> can explain how to do it?
>
> It took me some time to get behind it, also, but it's quite simple,
> if
> you know, how to do it. (As always :) )

Thanks Michael!

I was thinking wrong and had only problem with the patching. For some
reason, I was pushing the buttons horizontal and vertically in stead of
the obvious diagonal pushing:

  12345678
1X
2 X
3  X
4   X
5
6
7
8

At the moment, ShowQ is my pick and it's still in the Ubuntu Multiverse
repo as of Ubuntu version 15.04.

I hope this program will continue to be at least maintained, but
hopefully developed further and that this project and Linux Show Player
can benefit from each other.

Linux Show Player do really have the right GUI and end user perspective
in mind; an in house mixer or any other person can hardly do anything
wrong with it when the heat turns up. All the the person in charge has
to do is to click at the song and then the song plays with useful clear
visual feedback. But it really has it's technical limitations on a
little bigger projects with it's lack of multichannel and real Jack
support. I will investigate Linux Show Player further in case I missed
something.

ShowQ has the ability to deliver everything one basically needs for
backing tracks in a live situation, that's why I will stick to it now.
And small details like the fact that the space button starts the que but
can't stop it shows that the program's author really has been in this
situation or has been thinking right.

Jostein

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Sorry for double-posting...

Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 15:26 +0100 schrieb Neil C Smith:

> Not a direct alternative, in that it's intended more as an alternative
> to Isadora, but Praxis LIVE can be and has been used for this sort of
> thing.

Looks great! I haven't done much video in my projects, yet, and -
speaking about (jack-)audio - I don't know if Praxis LIVE would fill the
gap, if ShowQ happens to be thrown out of Debian, but it surely looks
promising for other things I will do in the future. So, many thanks for
this hint!

By the way: Does Praxis LIVE feature projection mapping? It's just
because you mentioned Isadora...

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Neil C Smith-2

Apologies for tardy response - handling aftermath of a hard drive failure. :-\

On 14 May 2015 at 21:37, Michael Jarosch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looks great! I haven't done much video in my projects, yet, and -
> speaking about (jack-)audio - I don't know if Praxis LIVE would fill the
> gap,

Praxis LIVE's audio pipeline has JACK support through JNAJack (which
was originally written for it).  There are a couple of things to bear
in mind though -

1. Praxis LIVE is Java-based which *may* have an impact on latency (see 2)
2. It's not currently possible to play the audio from a video track.
This is somewhat complicated by Praxis LIVE's distributed
architecture, and the fact that audio and video may be in different
processes or even running on different machines.  Incidentally, one
use for running audio in a separate process is reducing
garbage-collection effects and improving latency.

> By the way: Does Praxis LIVE feature projection mapping? It's just
> because you mentioned Isadora...

Not like Isadora v2 does.  However, the recently released Praxis LIVE
v2 does have full access to the 3D capabilities of the underlying
Processing renderer.  Coupled with the new custom code infrastructure
and the ability to (re)write components on-the-fly this gives lots of
possibilities for projection mapping and 3D transforms.

There's a simple 3D quad transform component in the custom component
repository already - https://github.com/praxis-live/pxg  Expect to see
more in the near future.

There's a blog post on turning a Processing sketch into a Praxis LIVE
component (here rendering a video onto a cylinder) -
https://praxisintermedia.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/transform-a-processing-sketch-into-a-praxis-live-component/

Also coming soon is wrapping Processing's OBJ file loader.

Bringing this vaguely back on-topic for this list - one of the reasons
I haven't announced Praxis LIVE v2 here yet is I'm still finalising
live code rewriting for audio components.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser
http://neilcsmith.net

Praxis LIVE - hybrid visual IDE for live creative coding - www.praxislive.org
Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

mark hadman-2
> From: Michael Jarosch <[hidden email]>
> Hi there!
>
> ShowQ is a unique cue-player for Linux-Audio-Users. I use it as a core
> application for my theater activities.
>
> Even in the linux-community it's not a very well known application,
> although there's no other linux-program (I know) if you need a
> one-shot-audio-player with features like f.e. programmable fade-in,
> fade-out, no matter if you want it time-based or triggered by space (or
> another key).
>
> It can do a lot more - ShowQ has MIDI-support. Although I never tested
> this feature, it should be possible to control any application with
> MIDI-support. QLC(+) f.e. - or maybe some video-players do support MIDI
> - I don't know...
> Yeah, of course, ShowQ is not a drop in replacement for QLAB, but
> speaking about audio it fits quiet perfectly in my setup.
>
> ShowQ is in the Debian (and Ubuntu?) repositories, it's written in C++
> and of course released under the terms of the GPL. Although this app is
> quiet useful for technicians like me, the development stopped years ago.
>
> I am not a coder, but I do my best to keep this project alive. On the
> Debian bug-tracker I write bug-reports for ShowQ, hoping that on one
> hand it's useful for other users to work around problems, on the other
> hand that someone fixes them.
>
> Last time I reported a bug Jarom?r Mike? the Debian-maintainer of ShowQ
> wrote that he is not able to fix the bugs and he would like to kick
> ShowQ. Of course, he also would like to package an alternative if there
> would be some he could package.
> I don't know any - so my linux-based theater setup is about to be killed
> one day when ShowQ wouldn't compile on my debian machine, anymore.
>
> So, what do I want from you?
> Test ShowQ! Maybe it's the app you've been missing for a long time!
> And if you're a coder with C++-skills, check out my bugreports on
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=showq
> - maybe you've got the clue...
>
> OR: Got an alternative to ShowQ? You're welcome!
>
> Greets!
> Mitsch

Great to see I'm not the only ShowQ user in the world. I somehow
installed (maybe even built) it on my Arch Linux netbook about 4 years
ago and I've used it at least one week a year without issues or
updates ever since. I even hand-edited the .geany GUI file to add some
keyboard shortcuts to the menu items.

mH

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2015, 12:12 +0200 schrieb Michael Jarosch:

> ShowQ is a unique cue-player for Linux-Audio-Users. I use it as a core
> application for my theater activities.

Dear ShowQ-users,

it appears that ShowQ is a very useful piece of software - at least
people using it seem to agree with that statement. Still, ShowQs future
is not saved as there's no C++-developer in reach caring about it.

So, instead of just making it public that ShowQ will soon fall out of
debians repositories if nothing changes here (which would prevent most
linux-audio-users from even getting in touch with that great cue-player) I
ask YOU: What can we do to save ShowQ?

Well, all I can offer to help besides making the problem public is some
(symbolic amount of) payment.
I'll promise 10 Euro for every bug that I reported on the debian
bugtracker to be fixed.
Finding a new developer for ShowQ (before fixing the bugs :) ) or
finding a developer that delivers another software as a
drop-in-replacement for ShowQ that is equal or even better than the
original software is worth 30 Euro to me.

Drop-in-replacement means:
* Native GPLed linux software with a GUI
* jack support
* ogg/flac/wav-support
* programmable start/stop/crossfade/fade-in/fade-out/fade-to-level
* drag audio-file from f.e. file-manager to cue in the application
* use the software in a show with just pressing space

I hope that some people would join me paying some money to make it a
little more attractive...

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Jostein Chr. Andersen-3
On 2015-06-03 10:30, Michael Jarosch wrote:

> I hope that some people would join me paying some money to make it a
> little more attractive...

I'm In!

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Francesco Ceruti

Linux Show Player http://linux-show-player.sourceforge.net creator (and
only developer) here,
One of the goal of my project was to provide an alternative to the
abandoned showQ, and an open-source GNU/Linux alternative to
Windows/Mac closed and expensive (cue) software.
It's been 3 years since I started this project, but unfortunately it
didn't gain the expected attention, so I'd like to re-propose Linux Show
Player as an alternative to showQ.

- Native GPLed linux software with a GUI
- ogg/flac/wav/mp3/a-lot-of-format-support
- some stuff are programmable, and others can be added
- you can use the software in a show with just pressing space

Currently it works with jack, but it's not possible to manage the
connections, because the GStreamer implementation doesn't provide
the ability to do so.
I've limited knowledge about jack and almost nothing about programming
with jack, so I really need help here.

It's not written in C/C++, but in Python, and i know, a lot of people
could complain about this choice, but the development is
faster and easier. The cpu-expensive parts are managed by C/C++
extensions like GStreamer and Qt5.

I'm open to new ideas coming from more experienced people, even to
change application-design.

>> ShowQ is a unique cue-player for Linux-Audio-Users. I use it as a core
>> application for my theater activities.
> Dear ShowQ-users,
>

> it appears that ShowQ is a very useful piece of software - at least
> people using it seem to agree with that statement. Still, ShowQs future
> is not saved as there's no C++-developer in reach caring about it.
>
> So, instead of just making it public that ShowQ will soon fall out of
> debians repositories if nothing changes here (which would prevent most
> linux-audio-users from even getting in touch with that great cue-player) I
> ask YOU: What can we do to save ShowQ?
>
> Well, all I can offer to help besides making the problem public is some
> (symbolic amount of) payment.
> I'll promise 10 Euro for every bug that I reported on the debian
> bugtracker to be fixed.
> Finding a new developer for ShowQ (before fixing the bugs :) ) or
> finding a developer that delivers another software as a
> drop-in-replacement for ShowQ that is equal or even better than the
> original software is worth 30 Euro to me.
>
> Drop-in-replacement means:
> * Native GPLed linux software with a GUI
> * jack support
> * ogg/flac/wav-support
> * programmable start/stop/crossfade/fade-in/fade-out/fade-to-level
> * drag audio-file from f.e. file-manager to cue in the application
> * use the software in a show with just pressing space
>

> I hope that some people would join me paying some money to make it a
> little more attractive...
>
> Greets!
> Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Jostein Chr. Andersen-3
Hi Francesco,

On 2015-06-04 12:26, Francesco Ceruti wrote:
> It's not written in C/C++, but in Python, and i know, a lot of people
> could complain about this choice, but the development is
> faster and easier. The cpu-expensive parts are managed by C/C++
> extensions like GStreamer and Qt5.

If your program is made for musicians and music engineers, then the
people who complain about this is not your target audience! :-)

It is very unlucky that developers use so much energy to advertise the
toolkit and/or programming language in their program names and the
explanation of the programs.

The end user perspective: -The program works or not and does the job
good or bad. For developers and fellow geeks: -The toolkit and language
are of interest and should not be a concern for the musicians and
engineers. While we're at it: -Several good music programs are done in
Phython.

As I wrote in another posting on this thread:
---------------
"Linux Show Player do really have the right GUI and end user
perspective in mind; an in house mixer or any other person can hardly do
anything wrong with it when the heat turns up. All the the person in
charge has to do is to click at the song and then the song plays with
useful clear visual feedback. But it really has it's technical
limitations on a little bigger projects with it's lack of multichannel
and real Jack support. I will investigate Linux Show Player further in
case I missed something.

ShowQ has the ability to deliver everything one basically needs for
backing tracks in a live situation, that's why I will stick to it now.
And small details like the fact that the space button starts the que but
can't stop it shows that the program's author really has been in this
situation or has been thinking right."
---------------

In a live situation, one really need to have multi-channel abilities
that just works in a Jack environment and ShowQ delivers and take care
of the routing (patching) from for example a single flac multitrac file.

The reason for using multi-tracks is that one might to have a different
track for the audience and one ore more channels for (in ear)
monitoring. Some common examples:
  - A mono track for the audience
  - Someone saying in a monitor channel the song name before it starts,
    (very useful in case the person in charge picks the wrong song).
  - Count ins, clictrack in quiet passages
  - Perhaps little less bass for the vocalist(s), making it
    easier to sing in tune.

When Linux Show Player can handle multi-track through Jack, then I will
use it. The GUI is right and the ease of use is there. And as I said: it
doesn't matter if it's Python, C++ or whatever, most known languages are
sufficient enough for playing a multi-track file - it's the end user
aspect that matters.

Jostein

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Harry van Haaren
On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Michael Jarosch <[hidden email]> wrote:
is not saved as there's no C++-developer in reach caring about it.
<snip>
Finding a new developer for ShowQ

Hi All,

I will maintain ShowQ - it would be a pity to see it dropped from Debian repos.
The latest source I could find is mirrored on my Github[1]. Please file any issues on the Github issue tracker[2]. Compilation warnings have been fixed - hopefully the Debian maintainers will keep ShowQ packaged.

Please note, although I am the OpenAV developer, ShowQ is and will remain its own project, and is not related to OpenAV.

@Michael, I can't reproduce the "Save" crash, please test the code available on github, and let me know if this issue has been resolved[3].

Cheers, -Harry

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Michael Jarosch
Am Donnerstag, den 04.06.2015, 14:19 +0100 schrieb Harry van Haaren:

> @Michael, I can't reproduce the "Save" crash, please test the code
> available on github, and let me know if this issue has been
> resolved[3].

Finally, time to check your changes...

First: Maybe you can't reproduce my problem because you didn't change
anything in the new session. I forgot to mention that in my bugreport.
If this step is necessary, then it should be done between "Start ShowQ"
and "Press 'Save'". F.e. dragging and dropping an audio file (wav, flac
or ogg) should do the trick.

Next: The bug seems to be fixed. At least I don't experience a crash
when saving. Thanks for that!
From a users point of view I would prefer two things to happen when
accidentally opening a disappeared session:

* More information about what is going on. If you start ShowQ from the
terminal you get this: "I/O warning : failed to load external entity
'/path/to/last/session'". Although this is quite technical it shoes at
least that something is wrong. A popup window saying: "Error loading
last session. Opening a new one." Would make that clear when not
starting from terminal.

* ShowQ should really behave like opening a new session when failing to
open the last one. This means f.e. pressing "save" the first time should
open the "save as"-dialog. (Don't know, if there are more things to care
about...)

Just a point of view to make it perfectly "fixed". I'm totally satisfied
with the work you've done, already, if you're saying you can't do any
more! :)

I guess I should tell Jaromír Mikeš about the "new" git-repository of
ShowQ, so the changes you made will finally get into debian?

Greets!
Mitsch

Re: ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

Harry van Haaren
/me re-adds list

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 06/04/2015 03:19 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:

Great news! Just checked it out, builds flawlessly on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
I will definitely chip in to keep this little tool alive and healthy.

Great! I'll try to work through any issues posted in the next week, and then we can do a bugfix release, and notify the debian maintainer of the updates/fixes available after that?

To everybody interested in ShowQ - please take 5 minutes of your time and test / file a bug:
(for your convienience, the all important link ;) https://github.com/harryhaaren/showq/issues

Thanks, -Harry

12