Soundcraft notepad 12fx

udaemon
hello, I refer to a topic which had shortly been discussed last year (https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-audio-users/msg110169.html). somebody wrote he was already in contact with soundcraft about the problem that in linux there's no possibility to choose the source of the channels 3&4 of the soundcraft notepad 12fx to be send via usb to the computer.
I would like to ask if there's news about it.

thank you very much!
christoph

Re: Soundcraft notepad 12fx

John Hammen
Hi Christoph, unfortunately I never got a reply from soundcraft and I see
today that their website shows no new firmware update, so it looks like this
is still a major issue. Real shame as these are nice boards otherwise.

I can try again but I suggest you (and anybody else interested) may want to
ask them at [hidden email] - might help if they see it's not just me
alone who has problems with this.

Kind regards, John

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html

Re: Soundcraft notepad 12fx

John Hammen
Looks like the email address was maybe censored, their support email is
support at soundcraft dot com, there is also a form on their support
website.

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html

Re: Soundcraft notepad 12fx

udaemon
Thanks, John.

I have sent two messages to the technical support, recently, but
haven't received any answer. obviously, linux users are being ignored
(?).
we could try to join (peaceful!) forces and write them collectively.

furthermore I found a related topic on linuxmusicians.com where
somebody said he/she maybe wanted to try to hack the usb protocol (
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=19053). I have just replied.
maybe I can get in touch with that person and maybe something works
out.

finally, I have been trying to get the soundcraft control panel working
in wine, but as for now, without any success.

let's see what happens!

with kind regards,
Christoph