Sourceforge Lists

Will Godfrey
Anyone else having problems with these?
Suddenly I seem to have been unsubscribed from all of them. No problems with
any other lists.

Re: Sourceforge Lists

Ralf Mardorf
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 22:06:14 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>Anyone else having problems with these?
>Suddenly I seem to have been unsubscribed from all of them. No
>problems with any other lists.

Hi,

a while back sourceforge ask me, if I'm still interested
in my mailing list subscriptions [1].

Right now I tested to log in my sourceforge account as well as to log
in my qtractor-devel account. It works. I didn't test to log in
the alsa-user account. Comparing the mailing list archives and my
stored mails, I received the latest mail from qtractor-devel, as well
as from alsa-user.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 03:41:07 +0000
From: "SourceForge.net" <[hidden email]>
To: ralf.mardorf
Subscriptions

Hi Ralf Mardorf,

Thanks for being a SourceForge user. Our records indicate that you are
subscribed to the following project mailing list:

    alsa-user

We are contacting you to confirm you are still interested in receiving
emails from this SourceForge project list.  If you do not confirm your
subscription by June 29th, you will be unsubscribed from the above
mailing list.

Please click here to confirm your subscription:

[snip]

If you're a registered SourceForge user, you can also confirm your
subscriptions by going to SourceForge, Account Settings, Subscriptions.

Thanks,
The SourceForge Team
A Slashdot Media Company

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:42:35 +0000
From: "SourceForge.net" <[hidden email]>
To: ralf.mardorf
Subscriptions

Hi Ralf Mardorf,

Thanks for being a SourceForge user. Our records indicate that you are
subscribed to the following project mailing list:

    qtractor-devel

We are contacting you to confirm you are still interested in receiving
emails from this SourceForge project list.  If you do not confirm your
subscription by July 30, you will be unsubscribed from the above
mailing list.

[snip]

Re: Sourceforge Lists

David-712
On 4 August 2017 at 07:06, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with these?
> Suddenly I seem to have been unsubscribed from all of them. No problems with
> any other lists.

See here:
https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-project-e-mail-policy-update/

I heard it said that this might be due to new spam laws in some
(possibly European) jurisdictions.

Re: Sourceforge Lists

Will Godfrey
On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 13:26:58 +1000
David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 August 2017 at 07:06, Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Anyone else having problems with these?
> > Suddenly I seem to have been unsubscribed from all of them. No problems with
> > any other lists.
>
> See here:
> https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-project-e-mail-policy-update/
>
> I heard it said that this might be due to new spam laws in some
> (possibly European) jurisdictions.

Thanks for that.
I was using my sourcefoge alias (had been doing so for years) but that
functionality has apparently been killed. Using my real email address seems to
work.

Not quite sure how reducing my privacy is supposed to help data protection :(

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.

Re: Sourceforge Lists

Ralf Mardorf
Today I can't reply to alsa-user anymore. I'm an unknown user, but I can
log in and change settings. Mail delivery was disabled, but actually I
still got mails from alsa-user. I changed my address to no avail, I
subscribed by another address, to know avail. The users are unknown,
alternatively the recipient domain is not specified, at least the error
message claims this ;).

Then I noticed that after changing my email address for my old alsa-user
account the confirmation mails are for alsa-devel, instead of
alsa-user, but they take affect for the alsa-user account, if I want to
log in, I need to use the new address.