Timidity: no instrument mapped warning

Louigi Verona
Hey everyone!

When I am playing a MIDI file with Timidity, I would get warning messages along the lines of:
No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, programm 11 - this instrument will not be heard.

Is there a way to somehow automatically map something to this missing instrument? If not with Timidity, then with some other MIDI player?

Re: Timidity: no instrument mapped warning

Lorenzo Sutton
On 21/10/19 17:09, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> When I am playing a MIDI file with Timidity, I would get warning
> messages along the lines of:
> /No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, programm 11 - this instrument will
> not be heard./
>
> Is there a way to somehow automatically map something to this missing
> instrument? If not with Timidity, then with some other MIDI player?

I think FluidSynth has a fallback mechanism [1]. Not sure if that
responds to your 'mapping' requirement, though.

Hope it helps,
Lorenzo.

[1]
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/24e7c5090b7b4a7670f626421de222932f629faa/src/synth/fluid_synth.c#L2786