Updated Ardour Tutorial

Bruno Ruviaro-2
​​Hi all,

Sorry for cross-posting. I just finished complete update to the old and good Ardour FLOSS Manual from 2009. All new screenshots (Ardour 3.5.403), and I updated the text wherever necessary:

http://brunoruviaro.github.io/ardour3-floss-tutorial/

A few cosmetic changes still to be done, like removing the date from the header of every post, but overall it's ready to use.

I'm using GitHub Pages, so it should be relatively easy for others to contribute, fork, and remix the manual. In the near future I plan to add a page explaining how to do so. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: Updated Ardour Tutorial

Will Godfrey
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:57:33 -0800
Bruno Ruviaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ​​Hi all,
>
> Sorry for cross-posting. I just finished complete update to the old and
> good Ardour FLOSS Manual from 2009. All new screenshots (Ardour 3.5.403),
> and I updated the text wherever necessary:
>
> http://brunoruviaro.github.io/ardour3-floss-tutorial/
>
> A few cosmetic changes still to be done, like removing the date from the
> header of every post, but overall it's ready to use.
>
> I'm using GitHub Pages, so it should be relatively easy for others to
> contribute, fork, and remix the manual. In the near future I plan to add a
> page explaining how to do so. Enjoy!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruno

Bookmarked!

Thanks for this. I had been struggling to get my head round Ardour.

Re: Updated Ardour Tutorial

Raffaele Morelli-3

are you interested in adding multilanguage support? I am willing to translate the
manual/tutoria in IT.

Regards
/raffaele

--
«My mama said to get things done
You'd better not mess with Major Tom»

Re: Updated Ardour Tutorial

Alf Haakon Lund

On 23. des. 2014 00:57, Bruno Ruviaro wrote:

> ​​Hi all,
>
> Sorry for cross-posting. I just finished complete update to the old and
> good Ardour FLOSS Manual from 2009. All new screenshots (Ardour 3.5.403),
> and I updated the text wherever necessary:
>
> http://brunoruviaro.github.io/ardour3-floss-tutorial/
>
> A few cosmetic changes still to be done, like removing the date from the
> header of every post, but overall it's ready to use.
>
> I'm using GitHub Pages, so it should be relatively easy for others to
> contribute, fork, and remix the manual. In the near future I plan to add a
> page explaining how to do so. Enjoy!

I like your tutorial! I find it easy to navigate and clearly written. A
page explaining how to contribute will make it even better.

Thanks for your effort.

Alf

Re: Updated Ardour Tutorial

Bruno Ruviaro-2
@Raffaele -- definitely, if you'd like to translate it, all you need to do is to fork it on GitHub, then you can start editing the text directly on GitHub or locally on your computer.

@Alf: Thanks! I do plan to add a page explaining how to contribute. The simplest way for now is to simply file an issue in the repository:

1) Log in to your GitHub account
3) File an issue from there (how to: https://help.github.com/articles/creating-an-issue/)

The above method is good for small typos, suggestions, or specific suggestions.

Bruno

Hi,