Xmonk.lv2, aLV2 toy

Hermann Meyer

I remember last time on a VST which I found nice to play around with, don't remember the name, but it was a monk which sing when you push and move the mouse.
While I work on the code of my new X11/cairo toolkit, I give this a shoot.
I'm using the SFFormantModelBP from the faust physmodels.lib, and wrap a UI around so that it comes near to what I remember and have a lot of fun while moving the mouse around on it.

Then I adding midi support (modwheel for the vowel), so that it may become a tad more the fun.

HOOOHEEEHAAA, here you go:

https://github.com/brummer10/Xmonk.lv2

Re: Xmonk.lv2, aLV2 toy

Edgar Aichinger

Wasn't that DelayLama by http://www.audionerdz.com/ ? Still available as closed source/freeware for Win and Mac, but no update since 2004 apparently...

> but it was a monk which sing when you push and
> move the mouse.
> While I work on the code of my new X11/cairo toolkit, I give this a shoot.
> I'm using the SFFormantModelBP from the faust physmodels.lib, and wrap a
> UI around so that it comes near to what I remember and have a lot of fun
> while moving the mouse around on it.
>
> Then I adding midi support (modwheel for the vowel), so that it may
> become a tad more the fun.

Indeed I remember having quite a lot of fun with it, so I'll have a look at yours as soon as this mail is sent.

Great idea, thanks a lot!

Edgar

Am 28.10.19 um 13:09 schrieb Edgar Aichinger:
> Am Montag, 28. Oktober 2019, 12:43:52 CET schrieb Hermann Meyer:
>> I remember last time on a VST which I found nice to play around with,
>> don't remember the name,
> Wasn't that DelayLama by http://www.audionerdz.com/ ? Still available as closed source/freeware for Win and Mac, but no update since 2004 apparently...

Ah, yes, that's the one what I meant.

And now I know what I've forgotten to implement. It needs a reverb and a
delay.

Am 28.10.19 um 13:54 schrieb Hermann Meyer:

> Am 28.10.19 um 13:09 schrieb Edgar Aichinger:
>> Am Montag, 28. Oktober 2019, 12:43:52 CET schrieb Hermann Meyer:
>>> I remember last time on a VST which I found nice to play around with,
>>> don't remember the name,
>> Wasn't that DelayLama by http://www.audionerdz.com/ ? Still available
>> as closed source/freeware for Win and Mac, but no update since 2004
>> apparently...
>

> Ah, yes, that's the one what I meant.
>
> And now I know what I've forgotten to implement. It needs a reverb and a
> delay.

SO I've added a delay/reverb

and also a selector to chose from several micro-tonal TET scales.

Am Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2019, 13:26:40 CET schrieb Hermann Meyer:

> Am 28.10.19 um 13:54 schrieb Hermann Meyer:

> >> Wasn't that DelayLama by http://www.audionerdz.com/ ? Still available
> >> as closed source/freeware for Win and Mac, but no update since 2004
> >> apparently...
> >

> > Ah, yes, that's the one what I meant.
> >
> > And now I know what I've forgotten to implement. It needs a reverb and a
> > delay.
> >

> SO I've added a delay/reverb
>
> and also a selector to chose from several micro-tonal TET scales.

I wonder about following part in your Makefile, I guess "Xmonc" is a typo, as everywhere else you call it Xmonk (which also is the correct spelling)?

----------------------------
# set bundle name
        NAME = Xmonc
        BUNDLE = $(NAME).lv2
        VER = 0.1
----------------------------

it's just a minor issue, I thought I should mention it nevertheless... It builds and installs fine here  - I'll give it a go in a few minutes.

Thanks again,

Edgar

Am 30.10.19 um 13:55 schrieb Edgar Aichinger:

> Am Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2019, 13:26:40 CET schrieb Hermann Meyer:
>>>
>>> Ah, yes, that's the one what I meant.
>>>
>>> And now I know what I've forgotten to implement. It needs a reverb and a
>>> delay.
>>>
>> SO I've added a delay/reverb
>>
>> and also a selector to chose from several micro-tonal TET scales.
> I wonder about following part in your Makefile, I guess "Xmonc" is a typo, as everywhere else you call it Xmonk (which also is the correct spelling)?

> # set bundle name
> NAME = Xmonc
> BUNDLE = $(NAME).lv2
> VER = 0.1
>
> it's just a minor issue, I thought I should mention it nevertheless... It builds and installs fine here  - I'll give it a go in a few minutes.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Edgar

Oh yes, it's a typo from the development phase, I need to fix that.