Yoshimi 1.6.1

Will Godfrey
Out now, just in time for the festive season :)

For ALSA MIDI there is a search mode where Yoshimi will connect to every
readable source it can find.

There has been a correction to Scales note and frequency allocation terminology.

The mixer panel format can now be changed from Yoshimi->Settings.

The CLI has additional controls, particularly in banks and roots management.

Other stuff.

We've had to do an update to allow for the change in the MXML API.

Dots and dashes in grids are now solid lines. They render much faster.

Session/State/Config managment is now unified. More system settings can be
changed by these files as Yoshimi instances start.

The Advanced User Manual has been significantly updated.

More details on all of these are in /doc/Yoshimi_1.6.1_features.txt

Yoshimi source code is available from either:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or:
https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi

Full build instructions are in 'INSTALL'.

Our list archive is at:
https://www.freelists.org/archive/yoshimi
To post, email to:

Re: Yoshimi 1.6.1

bdutta
Forgive my ignorance, but does Yoshimi have banks of presets that correspond to the instruments found in General MIDI specs ?
Perhaps this is not even the purpose of Yoshimi or any synthesizer, but I do see several banks of presets (including your own) that represent standard instruments from the GM list.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM Will Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There are some that loosely follow the GM set, but I don't think anyone has
created a set intended to directly emulate these.
Possibly regard the GM set as a sort of starting point for our enhanced sounds.