Yoshimi plays Widor

Will Godfrey
This morning I posted a new youtube video of Yoshimi playing Widor's Toccata
from  a MIDI file. This originally came from a public domain library, but I
know the piece pretty well and there were several errors in it.

I edited these to get it sounding as close as as I could to what I expected,
then added the CCs to the front of the file for Yoshimi's bank switching,
program changes, and volume/pan levels - I didn't get the pedal level quite
right. It tips into the red on the end of the very last note :(

On a hifi with a good low end response this will really rattle your windows :)

The recording was made with Simple Screen recorder. That accounts for why
gkrellm is reporting a far higher processor usage than QjackCtl's dsp figure
would suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcImV6NPP-c

Re: Yoshimi plays Widor

Benoît Rouits
Hello Will,

Excellent! Good remembrances of my childhood as Widor's Toccata was
played in one of the first CD bought by my father, back in the 80's.

It was a disc from the Erato label, I think This was Marie-Claire Alain
(sister of organ composer Jehan Alain) who played this track.

AFAIR, the CD looked like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Grandes-Toccatas-Marie-Claire-Alain-Erato/dp/B001C9R5VK

Thank you Will for his colorful moment!
 Benoît

Le 17/06/2017 à 00:26, Will Godfrey a écrit :

> This morning I posted a new youtube video of Yoshimi playing Widor's Toccata
> from  a MIDI file. This originally came from a public domain library, but I
> know the piece pretty well and there were several errors in it.
>
> I edited these to get it sounding as close as as I could to what I expected,
> then added the CCs to the front of the file for Yoshimi's bank switching,
> program changes, and volume/pan levels - I didn't get the pedal level quite
> right. It tips into the red on the end of the very last note :(
>
> On a hifi with a good low end response this will really rattle your windows :)
>
> The recording was made with Simple Screen recorder. That accounts for why
> gkrellm is reporting a far higher processor usage than QjackCtl's dsp figure
> would suggest.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcImV6NPP-c

Re: Yoshimi plays Widor

Jun 17 2017, Will Godfrey has written:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcImV6NPP-c
Hi Will,
nice work. The piece and the chosen colours complement each other well,
on the borderline between happy scifi soundtrack and fairground. I like
it.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing,

Jeanny

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: Yoshimi plays Widor

John Sauter
An excellent performance of some wonderful music!  Thank you for
posting this.
    John Sauter ([hidden email])
--
PGP fingerprint E24A D25B E5FE 4914 A603  49EC 7030 3EA1 9A0B 511E

Re: Yoshimi plays Widor

Really pleased this is bringing back happy memories.
I first heard it played by a family friend who was a professional organist. He
used to joke that you could tell if an organist was any good by whether he could
play this through without pauses, or falling off the bench at the closing
chords :)

Also delighted it resonates with Jeanny and John :)

Will.