Zynaddsubfx 3.0.2 - The “Liquefaction” Release

Zynaddsubfx 3.0.2 - The “Liquefaction” Release

Spencer Jackson

Zynaddsubfx 3.0.2 - The “Liquefaction” Release

As we saw the needs of users and switched priorities accordingly we have been working on some big new features and are excited to announce a new release. Perhaps eclipsing all other features in this release, “Liquefaction” adds a new Macro learning and automation feature. This feature is just in its infancy but already allows the sound designer to select one or more parameters and map them to macro slots which can then be bound to midi controls for live tweaking with your controller, or exposed to a plugin host for automation in your DAW. With this powerful new system you can create arbitrary mappings of up to 4 parameters to a single knob. We hope you find this feature useful and exciting as it develops further. You can look through our current documentation on the feature at:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/automations/parameter-automation-documentation.html

Note that users of the “legacy” UI will not be able to access this feature fully, but midi learn should operate still as expected. Scala file loading for microtonal users is another highly-requested feature landing in 3.0.2.

The highlights of added features and bugfixes include :

  • Upgrade MIDI learn system to include host automations and macro learned controls

  • Upgrade analog filter parameters to floating point resolution - ready for some crazy automation

  • Add many optimizations improving general performance

  • Fix microtonal .kbm/.scl file loading - for when 12 pitches just aren’t enough

  • Re-enable Auto-save

  • Restructure layout code to improve performance when changing views

  • Remove dependency on GLPK/glpsol

  • Add runtime update for ADsynth modulator volume/frequency

  • Add drag operation for multiple harmonic manipuation

  • Add sidebar kit toggle via middle-mouse https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues/73

  • Add default values to OSC metadata

  • Fix exit when closing zyn-fusion subprocess

  • Fix crash with large number of pad synth samples

  • Silence 0 volume effects

  • Silence 0 volume add synth voices

  • Fix memory leak on closing GUI (windows only)

And here’s the contribution score card by number of commits since 3.0.1: (b347cce)

    41 fundamental

    12 Johannes Lorenz

     3 Olivier Humbert

     2 ssj71

     2 falkTX

     1 Ihor Khomyn

     1 Daniel Sheeler

We hope you all enjoy this new release and make some cool new sounds while playing with the macro feature. Remember that any who already purchased the Zyn-Fusion UI will be able to download this updated version for free from Gumroad. In the progression toward making the UI fully free-licensed the source code is now available to Gumroad subscribers. The license is restrictive at this time but will soon be relicensed and made free (as in freedom).

Now go make some noise!

--Team Zyn.

Project Page:
http://zynaddsubfx.sf.net/

Buy Zyn-Fusion or Download the Demo:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/zyn-fusion.html

Or Download the Source (with legacy UI):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zynaddsubfx/files/zynaddsubfx/3.0.2/

Mailing List:
https://sourceforge.net/p/zynaddsubfx/mailman/

Forums: