jack application seg faults

Dede Lamb
Hi all! First time poster, long time enthusiast.

I'm using:
  • jack-audio-connection-kit-2.9999 (+alsa, +dbus)
  • pulseaudio-10.0 (+jack)
  • alsa-utils-1.1.2
  • jalv-1.6.0-r1 (+gtk)
  • calf plugins 0.0.60-r1 (+lv2)
  • cadence 9999-r1 (+pulseaudio)

I'm working at scripting from the command line and I have a pretty good working prototype but I've hit an issue.
  • Running a fourth instance of jalv (either jalv or jalv.gtk) will cause the other three to seg fault.
  • I don't think the issue is confined to jalv, I've replicated it by running the jack meters in cadence.
I'm not sure exactly where to take my issue but my first guess is jack configuration?

Dede

---
Dede Lamb

Re: jack application seg faults

Ralf Mardorf
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:40:27 +0000, Dede Lamb wrote:

>Hi all! First time poster, long time enthusiast.
>
>I'm using:
>
>   - jack-audio-connection-kit-2.9999 (+alsa, +dbus)
>   - pulseaudio-10.0 (+jack)
>   - alsa-utils-1.1.2
>   - jalv-1.6.0-r1 (+gtk)
>   - calf plugins 0.0.60-r1 (+lv2)
>   - cadence 9999-r1 (+pulseaudio)
>

>I'm working at scripting from the command line and I have a pretty good
>working prototype but I've hit an issue.
>
>   - Running a fourth instance of jalv (either jalv or jalv.gtk) will
> cause the other three to seg fault.
>   - I don't think the issue is confined to jalv, I've replicated it by
>   running the jack meters in cadence.
>
>I'm not sure exactly where to take my issue but my first guess is jack
>configuration?
>

>Dede
>
>---
>Dede Lamb
>[hidden email]

Hi,

please copy and post the original output of the commands you run, to
get the information about the used software versions, since no
"jack-audio-connection-kit-2.9999" does exists, as well as to post
the original error messages.

E.g run

  jackd --version

How did you configure jack?

A shot in the dark:

What is the output of

  grep memlock /etc/security/limits.conf

and

  grep memlock /etc/security/limits.d/*

?

Regards,
Ralf

--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM Ralf Mardorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:40:27 +0000, Dede Lamb wrote:
>Hi all! First time poster, long time enthusiast.
>
>I'm using:
>
>   - jack-audio-connection-kit-2.9999 (+alsa, +dbus)
>   - pulseaudio-10.0 (+jack)
>   - alsa-utils-1.1.2
>   - jalv-1.6.0-r1 (+gtk)
>   - calf plugins 0.0.60-r1 (+lv2)
>   - cadence 9999-r1 (+pulseaudio)
>

>I'm working at scripting from the command line and I have a pretty good
>working prototype but I've hit an issue.
>
>   - Running a fourth instance of jalv (either jalv or jalv.gtk) will
> cause the other three to seg fault.
>   - I don't think the issue is confined to jalv, I've replicated it by
>   running the jack meters in cadence.
>
>I'm not sure exactly where to take my issue but my first guess is jack
>configuration?
>

>Dede
>
>---
>Dede Lamb
>[hidden email]

Hi,

please copy and post the original output of the commands you run, to
get the information about the used software versions, since no
"jack-audio-connection-kit-2.9999" does exists, as well as to post
the original error messages.

E.g run

  jackd --version

How did you configure jack?

I configured  jack using cadence.

As for jackd version I'm perplexed because I can't find a jackd binary on my system. It's been a while since I have used jack. I've installed it from the gentoo bar overlay which points to https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2

I'm using jack_control start/stop to run jack

A shot in the dark:

What is the output of

  grep memlock /etc/security/limits.conf

and

  grep memlock /etc/security/limits.d/*

?

 ~ $ grep memlock /etc/security/limits.conf
#        - memlock - max locked-in-memory address space (KB)

 ~ $ grep memlock /etc/security/limits.d/*
@realtime       -       memlock unlimited

Regards,
Ralf