looking for HW/SW developer for consultancy

looking for HW/SW developer for consultancy

Fons Adriaensen-3
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to develop some HW and SW as a consultancy job
for my employer, Huawei German Research Center, Munich.

What we need is 16 channels of analog audio output (16 bit is OK,
24 preferred, 48 kHz sample rate) from a Raspberry 3B+ using the GPIO
interface, using any of I2S, I2C or SPI or whatever seems best.

You job would be to design the entire electronics, probably consisting
of an FPGA and a number of D/A converters, the PCB, and all required SW.
The SW would be the FPGA code, and an ALSA driver or any other solution
allowing to use the interface from user space.

It seems (see <https://github.com/hzeller/rpi-gpio-dma-demo>) that
more than enough bandwidth is available using the GPIO pins. Strangely
enough it also seems that using a CPU offers much better performance
than using DMA. For driving the interface you can use one CPU of the
Rpi up to 100%.

Anyone interested please get in contact with me off-list.

Ciao,

Re: looking for HW/SW developer for consultancy

Karl Hammar
FA:
> What we need is 16 channels of analog audio output (16 bit is OK,
> 24 preferred, 48 kHz sample rate) from a Raspberry 3B+ using the GPIO
> interface, using any of I2S, I2C or SPI or whatever seems best.

 I'd consider using a computer module instead, something like:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/compute-module-3-plus-16gb/

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Re: looking for HW/SW developer for consultancy

Christopher Arndt
Am 06.03.19 um 22:02 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> I'm looking for someone to develop some HW and SW as a consultancy job
> for my employer, Huawei German Research Center, Munich.

Maybe contact the guy who's behind http://www.audioinjector.net to see
if he's available?

Chris