[music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

[music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Atte
Hi all!

I just posted a live-in-the-studio recording of a new track "click" on my youtube channel.

All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).

On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer. I've been running the native linux (I'm on debian) version for well over a year, it's rock steady. The last couple of months I've been running it on both a pi4 (used for recording, for instance the above, 22 tracks of hi-res flac with no hick-ups) and my laptop, switching between boxes is (almost) seamless, the only "problem" is that for some reason reaper will regenerate peak-files (used for displaying waveforms) when opening on the other platform...

Anyways, hope you enjoy the track :-)

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

rosea.grammostola

On 5/3/20 2:29 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:

> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>
> On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer.

You would think that Ardour with it's relation with Harrison would excel
in just that: the mixing part.

Ok, let me now check this modular tune ;)

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Louigi Verona
Incredible stuff. I am a little bothered by the harsh high end in some places and would reduce that, but the composition itself is nothing short of a masterpiece. Amazing.

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 2:41 PM rosea.grammostola <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 5/3/20 2:29 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:

> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>
> On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer.

You would think that Ardour with it's relation with Harrison would excel
in just that: the mixing part.

Ok, let me now check this modular tune ;)

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Atte
Thanks for listening!

Might have gotten a bit carried away on the high end, not sure, it was done a while back. Shit happens.

Glad you were able to enjoy the track nevertheless.

Cheers
Atte

søn. 3. maj 2020 kl. 14.57 skrev Louigi Verona <[hidden email]>:
Incredible stuff. I am a little bothered by the harsh high end in some places and would reduce that, but the composition itself is nothing short of a masterpiece. Amazing.

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 2:41 PM rosea.grammostola <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 5/3/20 2:29 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:

> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>
> On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer.

You would think that Ardour with it's relation with Harrison would excel
in just that: the mixing part.

Ok, let me now check this modular tune ;)

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Atte
It’s been a while since I used audour, you might be right...

søn. 3. maj 2020 kl. 14.41 skrev rosea.grammostola <[hidden email]>:

On 5/3/20 2:29 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:

> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>
> On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer.

You would think that Ardour with it's relation with Harrison would excel
in just that: the mixing part.

Ok, let me now check this modular tune ;)

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Hey hey Atte,
May 3 2020, Atte Jensen has written:
> https://youtu.be/9YgUOOxyTNA
This is beautiful! I love the little chord progressions and the lead is
very sweet. Also the "glitchy" bit sounds quite elaborate to me.

Best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Here I go, on my own now <3

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Dave Phillips
On 5/3/20 8:29 AM, Atte Jensen wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just posted a live-in-the-studio recording of a new track "click" on
> my youtube channel.
> https://youtu.be/9YgUOOxyTNA
>
> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).

Lovely performance, Atte, thanks for the share !

Best,

dp

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Diego Simak-2

El dom., 3 may. 2020 a las 9:30, Atte Jensen (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi all!

I just posted a live-in-the-studio recording of a new track "click" on my youtube channel.

All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).

On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer. I've been running the native linux (I'm on debian) version for well over a year, it's rock steady. The last couple of months I've been running it on both a pi4 (used for recording, for instance the above, 22 tracks of hi-res flac with no hick-ups) and my laptop, switching between boxes is (almost) seamless, the only "problem" is that for some reason reaper will regenerate peak-files (used for displaying waveforms) when opening on the other platform...

Anyways, hope you enjoy the track :-)

beautiful track Atte, thank you very much for sharing it!

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

On Sun, 3 May 2020 14:29:10 +0200
Atte Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I just posted a live-in-the-studio recording of a new track "click" on my
>youtube channel.
>https://youtu.be/9YgUOOxyTNA
>
>All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>
>On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer. I've
>been running the native linux (I'm on debian) version for well over a year,
>it's rock steady. The last couple of months I've been running it on both a
>pi4 (used for recording, for instance the above, 22 tracks of hi-res flac
>with no hick-ups) and my laptop, switching between boxes is (almost)
>seamless, the only "problem" is that for some reason reaper will regenerate
>peak-files (used for displaying waveforms) when opening on the other
>platform...
>
>Anyways, hope you enjoy the track :-)
>
>Cheers

I can never manage modular kit myself, and a lot of material I've heard doesn't
seem particularly interesting - so I'm especially impressed with just how
expressive this piece is - probably the best I've ever heard!

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Atte
Thanks alot, glad you liked it!

Cheers

Den søn. 3. maj 2020 kl. 16.48 skrev Dave Phillips <[hidden email]>:
On 5/3/20 8:29 AM, Atte Jensen wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just posted a live-in-the-studio recording of a new track "click" on
> my youtube channel.
> https://youtu.be/9YgUOOxyTNA
>
> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).

Lovely performance, Atte, thanks for the share !

Best,

dp

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Atte
Wow, thanks alot Will.

Yeah, I sometimes feel like a bit of an outsider in the modular world, because I don't conform to the norms. I just try to make something I like, that's all.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and thanks again for the kind words and for listening!

Cheers
Atte

Den søn. 3. maj 2020 kl. 19.11 skrev Will Godfrey <[hidden email]>:
On Sun, 3 May 2020 14:29:10 +0200
Atte Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I just posted a live-in-the-studio recording of a new track "click" on my
>youtube channel.
>https://youtu.be/9YgUOOxyTNA
>
>All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>
>On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer. I've
>been running the native linux (I'm on debian) version for well over a year,
>it's rock steady. The last couple of months I've been running it on both a
>pi4 (used for recording, for instance the above, 22 tracks of hi-res flac
>with no hick-ups) and my laptop, switching between boxes is (almost)
>seamless, the only "problem" is that for some reason reaper will regenerate
>peak-files (used for displaying waveforms) when opening on the other
>platform...
>
>Anyways, hope you enjoy the track :-)
>
>Cheers

I can never manage modular kit myself, and a lot of material I've heard doesn't
seem particularly interesting - so I'm especially impressed with just how
expressive this piece is - probably the best I've ever heard!

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

rosea.grammostola
A very recognizable tune, with a clear autograph of Atte Jensen I think.
Which is quite amazing if you see how your setup has been changed since
Renoise I guess. What is it? Do you have a favorite scale or what? :)

This particular tune is a bit too sweat for my taste (or mood), I like
it when it gets a bit wilder and when you start playing with dynamics.

Technically I've to do some homework first to judge it, but I can
imagine it's quite a accomplishment to get this out of it...

Thanks for sharing and have fun!

On 5/3/20 2:39 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> On 5/3/20 2:29 PM, Atte Jensen wrote:
>>
>> All modular, recorded (in one take) and mixed in reaper (native linux).
>>
>> On a sidenote: I'm aware that reaper is not FLOSS, but it's killer.
>
> You would think that Ardour with it's relation with Harrison would
> excel in just that: the mixing part.
>
> Ok, let me now check this modular tune ;)

Re: [music] a773 - click (live glitchy, melodic modular)

Atte
Thanks for listening!

Yeah, it's just good old me. I still use the same 12 notes, no change there :-)

Cheers!