[music] a773: rain check

Atte André Jensen
Hi!

I thought I'd share my latest modular live-in-the-studio youtube thingy, it's a bit on the funky side:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-hRnYDexw

Recorded through soundcraft mtk22, on my debian laptop running reaper. Video editing is done with kdenlive. Oh and I managed to update the firmware on my intellijel rainmaker with only linux :-)

https://forum.intellijel.com/t/updating-rainmaker-from-linux-how-to/2092/3

Atte
http://latestyoutube.a773.dk | http://a773.dk

Re: [music] a773: rain check

Jeanette C.
Dec 21 2019, Atte has written:
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-hRnYDexw
Hey Atte,
nice one! Have you tried feeding something like Yoshimi/zynAddSubFX into
your rainmaker? It's a nice module and I always felkt a good companion
for something as rich as Yoshimi.

That is not, however, to say that I think your arrangement inferior. I
like the almost flutey layer that sometimes plays with the main "lead".
I haven't decided yet how to best immitate that with one of my own
synths. :)

Best wishes and thanks,

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Just hang around and you'll see,
There's nowhere I'd rather be <3

Re: [music] a773: rain check

Atte André Jensen
On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 23:02:40 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> nice one! Have you tried feeding something like Yoshimi/zynAddSubFX into
> your rainmaker? It's a nice module and I always felkt a good companion
> for something as rich as Yoshimi.

No, I must admit I very rarely do soft synths these days. Except csound, which is my old flame :-)

> That is not, however, to say that I think your arrangement inferior. I
> like the almost flutey layer that sometimes plays with the main "lead".
> I haven't decided yet how to best immitate that with one of my own
> synths. :)

Nice catch! It's rings (a resonator) with some field-recording as input. So if you're happy with aproximations (that's always more fun than exact IMHO) I'm sure there are some resonators in linux audio land...

> Best wishes and thanks,

Well, thank you!

Atte
http://latestyoutube.a773.dk | http://a773.dk

Re: [music] a773: rain check

Francesco Ariis
On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 10:27:44PM +0100, Atte wrote:
> I thought I'd share my latest modular live-in-the-studio youtube thingy, it's a bit on the funky side:

Enjoyable and definitely rainy!

Re: [music] a773: rain check

Atte André Jensen
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 09:09:06 +0100
Francesco Ariis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Enjoyable and definitely rainy!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

The title is tongue-in-cheek, it's the first patch I did with my rainmaker (delay module).