#musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Patrick Shirkey
Hi,

Here's a Psychedilc Experimental Rock track that some of you might enjoy.

https://resonate.is/song/2565/jet_echo-summerset_-_redux/

Remixed/remastered using qtractor with some assistance from a few calf/tap
plugins.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Carlos Sanchiavedraz

> Hi,
>
> Here's a Psychedilc Experimental Rock track that some of you might enjoy.
>
> https://resonate.is/song/2565/jet_echo-summerset_-_redux/
>
> Remixed/remastered using qtractor with some assistance from a few calf/tap
> plugins.
>

> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd

JFTR, the player on that link doesn't work for me, mobile nor desktop. Also it doesn't work from your profile nor other songs from your catalog there
https://resonate.is/profile/2118/

But the player works, i.e. from mobile here in the main page
https://resonate.is/

My 2 cents.

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Joe Hartley
On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 21:13:35 -0700
Carlos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> JFTR, the player on that link doesn't work for me, mobile nor desktop. Also it doesn't work from your profile nor other songs from your catalog there
> https://resonate.is/profile/2118/

Same for me under both Chromium and Firefox

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Patrick Shirkey

> On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 21:13:35 -0700
> Carlos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> JFTR, the player on that link doesn't work for me, mobile nor desktop.
>> Also it doesn't work from your profile nor other songs from your catalog
>> there
>> https://resonate.is/profile/2118/
>
> Same for me under both Chromium and Firefox
>
>>But the player works, i.e. from mobile here in the main page
>>https://resonate.is/

Hmm, works for me with Chrome and firefox on Linux and Mac.

Does the song not play at all for you?  Or does it cut off after 45 seconds?

If you have the energy/time do you mind checking to see if there are any
javascript errors in the browser console?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Jeremy Jongepier
On 06/06/2017 06:11 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> If you have the energy/time do you mind checking to see if there are any
> javascript errors in the browser console?

TypeError: getElementByClassName(...) is undefined[Learn More]
jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:866:17
        doCheckFunds
https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:866:17
        beforeNewTrackPlay
https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:117:5
https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:549:13
        la
https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:794:9
https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:150:9

Track doesn't play here either.

Jeremy

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Patrick Shirkey

> On 06/06/2017 06:11 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> If you have the energy/time do you mind checking to see if there are any
>> javascript errors in the browser console?
>
> TypeError: getElementByClassName(...) is undefined[Learn More]
> jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:866:17
> doCheckFunds
> https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:866:17
> beforeNewTrackPlay
> https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:117:5
> https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:549:13
> la
> https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:794:9
> https://resonate.is/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:150:9
>
> Track doesn't play here either.

Thanks. Looks like it is working now.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Ivan K-3
The track stops at 45 seconds for me.  Is that the intent?

On 06/06/2017 10:07 PM, Ivan K wrote:
> The track stops at 45 seconds for me.  Is that the intent?

Same here. I can see a fade out in the graph so it's probably intentional.

Jeremy

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

jonetsu@teksavvy.com
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 22:21:58 +0200
Jeremy Jongepier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/06/2017 10:07 PM, Ivan K wrote:
> > The track stops at 45 seconds for me.  Is that the intent?
>
> Same here. I can see a fade out in the graph so it's probably
> intentional.

Wasn't that a principle of resonate.is to have people pay to hear more ?

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

David Jones
On Jun 6, 2017 11:00, jonetsu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 22:21:58 +0200
> Jeremy Jongepier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 06/06/2017 10:07 PM, Ivan K wrote:
> > > The track stops at 45 seconds for me.  Is that the intent?
> >
> > Same here. I can see a fade out in the graph so it's probably
> > intentional.
>
> Wasn't that a principle of resonate.is to have people pay to hear more ?

That's my understanding of how resonate.is works. Difficult to pay an artist for their work if there's no money coming in to pay them.

Re: #musicmadewithlinux - Summerset

Patrick Shirkey

> On Jun 6, 2017 11:00, jonetsu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 22:21:58 +0200
>> Jeremy Jongepier <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Same here. I can see a fade out in the graph so it's probably
>> > intentional.
>>
>> Wasn't that a principle of resonate.is to have people pay to hear more ?
>
> That's my understanding of how resonate.is works. Difficult to pay an
> artist for their work if there's no money coming in to pay them.

That specific track is set to paid plays only which means you have to join
to hear the full track.

Artists can choose to set their tracks to: Free, Paid, Both.  If "Both"
the track will be free for anonymous listeners and paid for logged in
users. The idea is that if you are logged in you genuinely want to pay
artists for their efforts.

There are other artists who have set their tracks to free plays.

ex.

https://resonate.is/album/2580/cha-blasco-new-playlist/
https://resonate.is/album/585/dr-atomic-hallucignosis/

BTW, if you do create an account Resonate are giving away free credits so
you can try before you buy.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd